This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #gotortillaland #partyfood
Chicken Enchilada Bites, creamy chicken enchilada filling in tortilla cups, topped with melty cheese and sour cream! A perfect game time appetizer!
YAY, I’m back with another fun post where I get to highlight three of my favorite things.
- 1. EATING.
- 2. Appetizers, or tiny foods of any and all kinds. AND
- 3. My favvvvorite tortillas ever: TortillaLand tortillas, I get mine at Costco in the refrigerated section. Costco: the place I can buy my fav. tortillas and EAT said tiny samples of food. Win-win-win.
If you remember last year I made this amazing cookie butter dip using TortillaLand tortillas as cinnamon sugar chips for dipping. I was contacted again to make another recipe for a go-to game time dish and of course, I wanted to make another appetizer! These chicken enchilada bites are packed full of flavor! We take our sports pretty seriously around here and football is no exception! Jeremy is there for the game and surprise, surprise I’m there for the eats. I love to make a spread on Sundays with lots of appetizers and little nibbles. These chicken enchilada bites fit right into any game day spread. They are also great for an after school snack or even paired with some Spanish rice, you can make it a full meal!
- 4 TortillaLand tortillas
- 1 Cup shredded cooked chicken (using rotisserie chicken here is a huge time saver)
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ Cup enchilada sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 scallion thinly sliced, green part only
- ½ Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream and cilantro leaves for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅛ cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- First, make the enchilada sauce by adding the butter to a 3-quart pot over medium heat. Let melt and add in the cornstarch, whisk to combine and cook one minute. Add the chili powder, cumin and oregano, allow
to cook30 seconds until fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the tortillas with a round cookie cutter that is slightly larger than the opening to a muffin tin. Gently pierce the tortilla rounds with a fork all over. Spray with cooking spray and place the tortillas into the muffin tin to form cups. Bake for 4 minutes.
- While tortillas are cooking make the chicken mixture. Place shredded chicken, cream cheese, enchilada sauce, and scallion into a medium sized bowl and mix to combine.
- Take tortilla cups out of the oven, press down any bubbles and divide the chicken mixture evenly between the cups. Top with the cheese and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro leaves.
Super easy and oh-so delicious! What I love about TortillaLand and what makes them super unique is that they are raw tortillas. You cook them just before eating and you truly tell a difference. The flavor of these tortillas is not like any others I have tasted. They come in flour and corn. I personally like the flour ones the most. You can find them in Costco in the refrigerated section in 36 or 50 count packages. They also puff up when you cook to make for a fun cooking experience. They are made with just 5 simple ingredients and have a great texture. Interested in trying them out for yourself? How about a chance to win a fun giveaway? Go to your local Costco and purchase TortillaLand tortillas, click here for a product locator. Make a recipe of your choice with the tortillas and tag me on Instagram to be entered! Bonus points if you make these Chicken Enchilada Bites! (And when I say bonus points I mean you will just make my day extra special, there is no additional entry.) A winner will be picked at random on February 3rd, 2017 for a $50 Costco Gift Card! Happy cooking! Available for preorder now: For more yummy inspiration make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!
Order My Cookbook!
Available for preorder now:
For more yummy inspiration make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!