Spiced Apple Cider Sheet Cake, spiced cake infused with apple cider and topped with brown sugar frosting, tastes like fall!
One of my favorite fall beverages is a glass of warm apple cider. It immediately transports me to cool, breezy days… even if it still is in the uppers 80’s in Florida.
I thought it would be fun to dress up your everyday cake mix into something fitting for the season.
Most cake mixes have you adding water and oil to the mix. Instead of that I used apple cider and apple butter!
The result was a moist, light cake. There is a very faint apple flavor, spiciness from the mix and topped it off with the BEST frosting ever, brown sugar frosting!
- Spice Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 Cup apple cider
- ⅓ Cup apple butter
- 2½ Tablespoon all purpose flour
- ½ Cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ Cup unsalted butter, room temp
- ½ Cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add cake mix, eggs, apple cider and apple butter to a large bowl. Mix on low 1 minute, scrap the sides. Mix on medium for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased13x9 inch pan. Bake 26 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the flour into the milk and cook over medium heat, whisking continuously until thick. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and let cool to room temp.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and there is no graininess left. Add in the cooled milk mixture and beat it on high speed until a whipped cream consistency. This can take a while, do not give up! Well worth the effort.
- Frost cake, serve and enjoy
Yummm, this frosting is SO GOOD! It is by far my favorite.