This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.
Scrambled Egg Avocado Toast, a filling, yummy breakfast or snack!
If you are like me, you get into a rut with food quite often. I know, being a food blogger you wouldn’t think that from me but I’m first of all a child of habit. I get into a zone where I just make the same things over and over. I think a lot of people are like that.
I am here today to snap you out of that morning breakfast routine! Yes, I know it’s easy and fast. BUT, what if I told you this scrabmled egg avocado toast was easy and fast as well? And, not to mention delicious, hearty and filling??
Got your attention?
When I got the opportunity to partner with Pepperidge Farm and their new line of Pepperidge Farm Harvest BlendsTM bread, I knew I just had to create a toast recipe with it.
I chose the Seeded variety of Harvest Blends but anyone of them would work in this recipe. I was just really drawn to the seeded bread because I love when bread has sunflower seeded in it. This one does as well with lots of other yummy good for you ingredients!
What I noticed right off the bat with these Harvest Blends is how soft the texture was. You would think getting a heartier bread like these, it would make the bread tough or dry, but that is not the case.
I topped off my toast with sliced tomato, smash avocado, fluffy scrambled eggs and a garnish of parsley. This is such a simple dish, but one that you will make over and over!
- 1 slice Pepperidge Farms Seeded Bread
- 2 eggs
- splash of milk
- ½ Tablespoon butter, unsealed
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 2 slices tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley leaves for garnish, optional
- Toast bread to your desired toastiness. Top with tomato slices, sprinkling with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Top with mashed avocado.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add milk. Whisk until throughly combined and scrambled. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Over medium heat, heat a small skillet. Add butter and melt. Add in eggs and cook stirring constantly until just done, if they still look a little wet on top they are perfect. Top avocado with eggs, crack black pepper on top with a garnish of parsley leaves, optional.
These breads just have that fresh-baked taste I know you will love! I highly recommend trying them out, then making this recipe of course! You can find Harvest Blends at your local grocery store!