All ideas, recipes, & opinions are entirely my own however, this is a sponsored post on behalf of Michael Angelo’s™.
Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars, slightly tart, sweet and delicious with cream cheese frosting.
Recently, I was asked by Michael Angelo’s™ to showcase their new seafood meals. Of course I said yes! Mostly importantly because… I just flat out LOVE seafood. Especially shrimp and salmon. And their new line showcases just that with dishes like Shrimp & Kale Piccata, Seafood Primavera and Salmon Piccata I knew I couldn’t go wrong.
I picked up these two varieties to try:
I got mine at Publix but they can also be found at Walmart and Kroger.
But, you know I couldn’t showcase these without having a sweet treat to pair alongside them! Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars are the perfect accompaniment! Having the tartness from the lemon really helps to cut through the richness of these dishes.
Plus, lemon and seafood go together like peas and carrots, sooo… yeah.
Michael Angelo’s™ Seafood Meals are super convenient, I think they are a perfect size for lunch. Sometimes I don’t have time to make something for lunch so having these on hand will really save me when I’m craving something warm, filling and delicious.
I have to be honest, I was shocked at how good this was. Pictured is the Shrimp Scampi and wow… I couldn’t stop eating it!
It has to be because they use all real ingredients with no preservatives. You can really taste the difference. With such a robust flavor and clean ingredients you can actually pronounce. They have gluten free options too! Plus, they only use wild caught salmon and chemical free shrimp.
Paired with one of my Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars, you are set!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 5 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- pinch of salt
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, place butter and granulated cream, cream until smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing between each. Add in the vanilla and mix. In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Slowly add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix until combined, scrapping down the bowl if necessary.
- Grease a 11x17 inch sheet tray. Scrape out cookie dough onto tray. Spray hands with baking spray, press dough into pan evenly. Bake 12-15 minutes until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Place cream cheese in a stand mixer, add half of the powdered sugar a little at a time until mixed. Scrap down sides as needed.
- Add in the zest, juice, vanilla and salt. Mix to combine. Add in the remaining sugar a little at a time until fully mixed.
- Frost sugar cookie, add sprinkles if desired. Cut into bars, serve and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters.
Don’t forget to grab one of Michael Angelo’s New Seafood Meals from your local Publix, Walmart or Kroger! They are the perfect go-to for lunch or dinner when you want something that is as simple, honest and pure as making it from scratch!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Michael Angelo’s . The opinions and text are all mine.