This is a compensated post on behalf of Buzz + Bloom Honey. All text and opinions are 100% my own.
Creamy Baklava Bites, phyllo cups, flavored whipped cream and honey glazed pecans make for a fun twist on a classic dessert.
You guys…. just look at these little cuties!!! I am so excited to share them with you today!
I just love it when a recipe I have concocted in my head comes out even better than I expected! That’s exactly what happened with these creamy baklava bites! Now, obviously this is not a traditional baklava recipe. It is far from it, there is nothing creamy about traditional baklava but the flavors in this treat just work!
I love reinventing traditional flavors, if you haven’t been able to tell that already!
I was approached by Buzz + Bloom Honey to do a collaboration and immediately I was like heck yes! We go crazy for honey in this house and then baklava jumped in my head. I just had to make these!
September is National Honey Month! Are you a fan? I love honey when it is mixed into recipes but on its own I’m not that crazy about it. But, Jeremy can’t eat a biscuit without it!
- 45 fillo cups, found in the frozen section at the grocery store
- ½ Cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons instant vanilla pudding powder
- 1 Cup chopped pecans
- ½ Cups Buzz + Bloom Light & Sweet Honey
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Place fillo cups on a sheet tray, set aside. Using a whisk or hand mixer, whisk heavy cream and the pudding powder together to form stiff peaks. Pipe into the fillo cups evenly. Place in fridge for one hour.
- While the cups are in the fridge, make the pecan mixture. Place remaining ingredients into a small sauce pot and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Lower heat to medium low and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until half of the liquid is absorbed. Take off the heat, allow to cool.
- Evenly distribute the pecan mixture on top of the fillo cups. Serve and enjoy!
You want to make sure the pecans are hot but still a touch warm so they are easily spoonable onto the fillo cups.
Feel free to add a touch of cinnamon or pumpkin spice into the whipped cream mixture. That would also be super yummy, but I really wanted the natural honey flavor to shine through.
They are light, crispy, creamy little bites! And so cute I must add!
Buzz + Bloom Honey is dedicated to delivering globally-sourced, craft-style honey that captures the natural and diverse goodness of the honeybee journey. They have 14 all-natural varieties of honey including Non-GMO, Raw & Unfiltered and Fair Trade Certified. It is strained gently to ensure that it retains its natural pollen. Packed in low temperature environments and never over-heated, the honey to retains its superfood namesake by maintaining enzymes and antioxidants.
Buzz + Bloom honeys contain no artificial ingredients, flavors or preservatives, and are gluten free, fat free and nut free. It’s the perfect on-the-go all-natural sweetener for tea/coffee, on pastries or alone for a sweet treat.
For more information or to purchase Buzz + Bloom Honey, please visit BuzzAndBloomHoney.com