Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Fully Loaded Hasselback Potatoes, russet potatoes cut and baked until crispy, loaded with cheese and bacon, topped with all the fixings!
Did you know Jimmy Dean® now has bacon?! Oh yea, and it’s GOOD.
I picked up mine at Walmart while getting ingredients for these yummy hasselback potatoes!
New Jimmy Dean® Bacon is premium bacon, coming in two flavors; Hickory Smoked and Applewood Smoked. For today’s recipe I used the Applewood Smoked variety but use which flavor you like best.
You can cook the bacon anyway you like, but for my Fully Loaded Hasselback Potatoes, I wanted it super crispy, but I didn’t have time to watch it. So, I just cut it into thirds, popped it in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, and boom! Done.
It comes out perfect every time, this is my favorite way to cook bacon.
Want to know a secret? I have never made hasselback potatoes before this post. I KNOW. Have I been missing out! They are sooo easy, and SO delicious. Of course, I had to make them fully loaded. Go big or go home, lol.
Hasselback potatoes sound complicated but they aren’t. It’s just a russet potato sliced into 1/4 of an inch thick slices. BUT, you don’t slice all the way through, leaving about 1/2 inch of the bottom of the potato intact. This way, the potato slices fan out but still stay together, pretty cool, huh?
This allows for all those slices to get golden brown and crispy, yum!
Then, you can stuff them with whatever you like. I went classic “loaded” toppings. Sharp cheddar cheese and Jimmy Dean® Bacon gets tucked in between the layers.
Pop it back in the oven to melt and get ooey and gooey.
Then, sour cream and scallions as a topper makes them a killer side dish! Or meal even, this baby is huge!
Fully Loaded Hasselback Potatoes, russet potatoes cut and baked until crispy, loaded with cheese and bacon, topped with all the fixings! from ThisSillyGirlsLife.com #JimmyDeanBacon #ad
It reminds me of pull apart bread… amirite? Either way, you can’t go wrong with carbs. Carbs are my favorite.
I put together a quick recipe video for you here:
- 1 medium russet potato, scrubbed clean, cut into ¼ inch slices, leaving ½ inch of the bottom intact
- 3 slices Jimmy Dean® Applewood Smoked Bacon, cut into thirds and cooked until crispy
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese slices (or shredded)
- sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spoon melted butter over potato on a sheet tray. Making sure to get the butter down into the slices. Season generously with salt and pepper. Bake for 1 hour, until golden brown and crispy.
- Alternate bacon and cheese slices between the layers of potato. Place back in oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese. Let cool slightly, about 10 minutes and top with sour cream and scallions, serve and enjoy!
Just take in all those layers, ahhhh!
I can’t believe it took me so long to try Jimmy Dean® bacon but I’m so glad I did! What will you make with it first??
Available for preorder now:
Order My Cookbook!
Available for preorder now: