This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
7 Layer Dip Totchos, taking classic 7 layer dip and tater tots to next level deliciousness!
Welcome back!! Just the title of this recipe should have you drooling already. 7 layer dip…. such a party staple! Combine that with tater tots and BAM, you have one epic appetizer… or full on meal!
Just look at those layers, tater tots, refried beans, RO*TEL, melty cheese, guacamole, sour cream, fresh chopped cilantro and scallions… have mercy!
Since today is *Taco Tuesday* I really wanted to mix it up a bit. I know these aren’t tacos but with all that Mexican flair, you can’t go wrong! You can throw it all in a tortilla if you’d like, I’m not judging!
I purchased everything for these killer totchos at Walmart this past weekend. I had to pick up two staple Taco Tuesday additions, RO*TEL and Rosarita refried beans!
I found the RO*TEL by the canned tomatoes and the Rosarita products in the Hispanic section. I also had to pick up my fresh garnishes in produce.
Using these canned items really cut down on time assembling this totchos, I love having items like these on hand when I’m in a pinch!
- 1 pound (half a bag) tater tots
- 8 ounces Rosarita refried beans
- 10 oz RO*TEL, drained
- 1 Cup Mexican blend cheese
- 4 oz prepared guacamole
- 2 oz sour cream
- ¼ Cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread out the tater tots in an even layer in a 8 inch cast iron pan (or oven safe pan of your choice) Bake for 20 minutes.
- Smear the beans on top of the tater tots, add the RO*TEL (drain it well or it will be too runny), top with the cheese. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Layer next the guacamole, sour cream and garnish with cilantro and scallions. Serve and enjoy!!
Putting these totchos together is sooo easy!
Want to know a quick kitchen hack for piping perfect sour cream lines? Mix sour cream with a little milk until it is just a touch thinner. Place in a ziplock baggie, snip off a tiny tip of the corner and pipe away!
I decided not to pipe my sour cream for this recipe just because I wanted each layer to really stand out. I also layered smaller and smaller circles on top of the tots so you could see each individual layer. It’s totally up to you how you serve yours!
Yummmmm, words cannot describe how good this is!
I really hope you enjoyed today’s recipe!! What is your favorite way to celebrate Taco Tuesday?