Rainbow Jello Cloud Cake, white cake layered between different flavors of light and airy Jello frosting!
You guys… if you haven’t had Jello frosting, you have GOT to try this recipe ASAP! It would be perfect as an Easter dessert, for spring or any day of the year!
I think this cake came out so beautifully and it is easy to customize to your favorite colors or theme.
I have really been digging all these more rustic looking cakes lately. Especially since I am notorious at being a horrible cake decorator. I cannot tell you how many cakes I have tried making for the blog that just came out too ugly to share!
For some reason I just can’t get down that frosting on the outside of the cake. But, luckily this new rustic style is the perfect way to go for me!!
Each layer of frosting here is a different flavor. I picked lemon, lime, blue berries and cherry. I really thought the flavors went nicely together and the colors complimented as well.
Feel free to use just one flavor or any color combo you wish!
Rainbow Jello Cloud Cake
- 1 box white cake mix made per directions on box in 2 9 inch cake pans
- 1 (85 g) package jello, any flavor
- 2 Cups whipped topping
- ½ Cup boiling water
- ⅔ Cup ice water
- Bake cake and let cool completely. Slice in half length wise to form 4 layers. Set aside.
- While cake is cooling, boil ½ Cup water, add jello and whisk until dissolved (about 1-2 minutes), take off heat.
- In a ⅔ Cup measure, add in ½ Cup of ice cubes and fill with cold water. Pour ice water into jello mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Whip 1½ Cups of the whipped topping into the jello. Pour into a bowl and place in fridge for 1 and a half hours to set. Will have a mousse like consistency.
- Break up the mixture with a whisk until smooth. Fold in the remaining whipped topping.
- Repeat 4 times for Rainbow Jello Cloud Cake, alternating flavors between the layers of cake, enjoy!
This is a recipe for a basic Jello frosting. Times the recipe by 4 if you want to do one flavor of frosting or make the frosting 4 times with 4 different flavors for this specific cake. I used one cherry, one blue berries, one lime and one lemon.
Here is a quick video tutorial on the process:
So perfect for spring! This whole cake is so light and airy, not heavy at all! I’m sure it will become a new favorite!
I really hope you enjoyed today’s recipe!! What is your favorite way to use Jello?
Next, go check out Parrish’s yummy Lemon Cheesecake Cookie Bites!