This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Boursin®. The opinions and text are all mine.
One Skillet Chicken with Creamy Basil Bacon Sauce, an impressive dish but easy enough for weeknight meals!
Hi all! With Easter coming up, I wanted to show you a couple dishes to serve that were easy but perfect for the holiday!
You are actually getting two menu item ideas in one post today; score! Both recipes feature Boursin Cheese!
I found these Boursin products in the deli section at Walmart.
First up is this insanely easy appetizer with only three ingredients! A baguette, green apple and Boursin Monterey Jack & Spicy Pepper Cheese Dip.
All I did was cut the baguette thinly on an angle and toasted it on a grill pan. Smeared with Boursin Monterey Jack & Spicy Pepper Cheese Dip and topped with thinly sliced green apple. Easy!
This is really a delicious appetizer/snack. The spiciness of the cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet crisp apple. This will make a great addition to an Easter brunch or meal!
Now for the main course:
One Skillet Chicken with Creamy Basil Bacon Sauce
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 6-8 chicken thighs)
- 5 slices bacon, ½ inch dice
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 Cups chicken stock, divided
- 15 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade, divided
- 1 Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy in a oven safe skillet.
- Drain bacon fat, reserving 1 Tablespoon in pan. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken, add chicken to pan with whole garlic cloves. Brown chicken on both sides, pour in half the chicken stock and sprinkle half the basil on top.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour until chicken is moist and tender. Take chicken out of the pan, reserving liquid. Add remaining stock and bring to a simmer. Add in cheese and let melt into the sauce, whisking to break it up and make a smooth sauce. Let simmer for about 10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Add chicken back to the pan and coat in the sauce. Top with bacon and remaining fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Yum! This is a perfect, crowd pleasing dish for Easter! Served with some roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus, or along with a huge brunch spread, this will be a stand out dish!
Here is a sneaky little bonus giveaway!! For a chance to win a $50 Walmart gift card! All you have to do is go to Walmart, purchase a Boursin cheese mentioned in this post and share your “party trick” recipe on instagram by March 27th! Tag me @ThisSillyGirlsKitchen and include the hashtag #BoursinParty and #MyPartyTrick I will be messaging the winner on instagram on 4/10/16 so check your direct messages and good luck! #walmart is also an option for this contest.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Boursin. The opinions and text are all mine.