Chipotle Crack Chicken Soup, creamy, comforting, full of flavor and hearty… with a little kick!
Do you remember those knock-out crack chicken tacos I made a while back? Well, we only ate about half of the chicken and the I froze the rest. I really wanted to make something new out of it instead of just having it like leftovers.
It has actually been super cold here in Florida (well, for us anyway!) and we have been craving just really comforting meals. So, I wanted to make a hearty chicken soup then I remembered about the leftover crack chicken in the freezer.
And, that my friends is how this ah-mazing chipotle crack chicken soup was born!
It is really phenomenal! Creamy, a little spicy, rich and sooo flavorful!
And, did I mention easy?? This dish does together in no time!
Chipotle Crack Chicken Soup
- 5 slices bacon, ½ inch dice
- ½ Cup white onion, small dice
- 1 Cup fresh corn off the cob (or 8 oz any corn you prefer)
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 16 oz white beans, drained
- ½ recipes about 2 Cups leftover Chipotle Crack Chicken
- ¼ Cup cilantro, chopped
- Toppings: bacon, lime, cheese, cilantro
- Place bacon into a large stock pot on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until crispy, let drain and save bacon drippings in bottom of pot.
- Cook onions in back drippings on medium low heat until translucent. Add in corn and saute for 5 minutes with the onion, stirring occasionally. Add in the chipotle powder and stir in to combine.
- Add in the stock, beans, chicken and cilantro. Simmer on medium high heat for 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
See? Super easy! You will be making the crack chicken just to enjoy this soup again, I guarantee it!
I really hope you enjoyed today’s recipe!
For more soup ideas, check out these past recipes below: