Baked Peanut Butter Banana Doughnuts, tender banana doughnuts dipped in peanut butter glaze and topped with mini chocolate chips!
I’m back with another yummy recipes, friends! These doughnuts would be perfect for a special breakfast treat, snack or dessert!
The batter for the banana doughnuts are light and airy, not dense at all! Dipped in a sweet peanut butter glaze with a hint of mini chocolate chips… these are just heavenly!
Super easy too! You will need a doughnut baking pan for this recipe.
- 1½ Cup all purpose flour
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ Cup mashed bananas (3 medium sized bananas)
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- ¼ Cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ Cup water (divided)
- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, add in the remaining ingredients, whisk to combine. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, no dry spots. DO NOT over mix. Fill greased doughnut tin ⅔ the way full with batter. Bake for 10 minutes, let doughnuts cool for 5 minutes in the pan, let cool completely on a wired rack.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, sugar and half of the water. Add more water to consistency you want.
- Dip doughnut tops into the glaze. Top with chocolate chips, serve and enjoy!
Yummmmm, that glaze is SO GOOD!
These favors just go together… if you’re super ambitious, add some crumbled bacon on top!
I really hop your liked today’s recipe! For more doughnuts, check out these recipes below: