Red Velvet Nutella Trifle, red velvet cake and homemade Nutella whipped cream make this a show stopping dessert!
So, after you have noticed, once you have made my Surprise Inside Heart Cupcakes… you will have a lot of red velvet cake yet! And, of course you know I didn’t throw it away… oh no.
I made these epic Red Velvet Nutella Trifles instead… naturally.
Layers of red velvet cake, whipped cream and MORE whipped cream flavored with Nutella… and Nutella drizzle… umm, yes please!
These are incredibly easy to make too! You don’t even have to go with the cute individual servings like I show here. Make a massive one… just make sure to make double the batch of whipped cream!!
I’m just a touch obsessed with these… can you tell?
You will be too once you take a bite… trust me.
- left over red velvet cake
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 Tablespoon Nutella plus more for garnish
- Place whipping cream in a large bowl. Whip to soft peaks with hand mixer on medium speed. Add in the sugar and vanilla, whip until preferred consistency... DO NOT OVER WHIP.
- Place half of the whipped cream in a small bowl. Add the nutella to the remaining whipped cream and fold in with a spatula, scrapping the sides, until fully incorporated and there are no streaks.
- Crumble the cake and layer it with the whipped creams in a champagne glass. Top with a drizzle of nutella, serve and enjoy!
This recipe will make three champagne glass sized trifles.
Licking your screen yet?
Yummmmm, I really hope you enjoyed this recipe! For more red velvet recipes visit these posts below: