Dill Cream Cheese Cucumber Boats, mini cucumbers stuffed with homemade flavored cream cheese, a great party app or snack!
Now that it’s the New Year, I decided to bring something a little lighter! These cucumber boats are packed with flavor and would be a great appetizer or anytime snack!
You can make them with low fat cream cheese as well, so there are not as many calories!
I used a piping bag to get the cream cheese as pretty as possible. But, you don’t have to worry about that. Stuff them anyway you like!
- 7 mini cucumbers
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash cucumbers and slice in half length wise. Using a small melon baller, scoop out the seeds and discard. Place cucumbers cut side down on paper towels for about an hour to let the excess water run out.
- Place the cream cheese and remaining ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and mix to combine. Microwave for 10 seconds, just to loosen up the cheese slightly. If piping, place in a piping bag with a large star tip and pipe cream cheese into cucumbers.
- If you are just filling the cucumber with the cheese with a knife, then you do not need to microwave the cheese at all. Serve and enjoy!
So easy, so delicious!
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe! For more lighter appetizer ideas, check out these other posts below: