Mini Goat Cheese Cheese Balls, herbs, goat cheese and pretzels make for a fun and functional appetizer! Plus a secret ingredient!
Welcome back friends! I have another little bite full of flavor to share today. I used goat cheese, herbs and cream cheese in today’s recipe. I believe the cream cheese is important, it cuts the harshness of the goat cheese, gives an extra creamy texture and helps to balls keep their shape.
The addition of a pretzel “toothpick” just makes this appetizer more fun for a party spread! It’s always a plus being able to use something in place of utensils, less mess and no need for your guests to throw anything away.
BUT, there is a secret ingredient here! I used garlic butter croutons which I turned into crumbs for the coating. Talk about a flavor explosion!
- 8 oz goat cheese, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 scallion, thin sliced
- 1 Tablespoon flat leaf parsley, fine chop
- pepper to taste
- 1 Cup garlic and butter croutons
- 15 pretzel sticks
- Mix goat cheese, cream cheese, scallions, parsley and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine a smooth consistency.
- Taking a tablespoon sized scoop, roll into balls and place on a sheet tray. You can line the tray if you wish.
- Place croutons in a food processor, pulse into crumbs. Place in a bowl and roll cheese balls in the crumbs. Place back on cheese tray. Insert pretzel toothpicks, place on serving tray, serve and enjoy! (Can be made ahead of time and placed in refrigerator until serving.)
Can’t get much easier and just wait until you take a bite!
Yum! These are a great addition to any buffet spread or party platter!
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe, for similar appetizers, visit these links below: