Cauliflower Buffalo Wings with Vegan Ranch Dip, a guilt free and vegan version of the popular Football snack! Perfect for #MeatlessMondayNight
I know vegan/meatless meals do not regularly make an appearance on this little blog, but sometimes I just like to mix it up! There is nothing wrong with experimenting with new recipes, especially ones that are fun twists on a classic, and them being so much better for you is always a plus!
Chicken wings are one of mine and Jeremy’s favorite guilty pleasure foods to watch on game day/night. AND, now that we are having a ton of sports on that we love, baseball, hockey and of course football are all in full swing. So, I need a bunch of go-to tailgating type recipes we can enjoy.
But, let’s be honest all those foods, while delicious really start adding up! That’s why taking a little break on a Monday night for meatless Monday is a perfect solution. We still want to enjoy our yummy tailgating flavors as well, that’s why I made these Cauliflower Buffalo Wings! They are SO good, packed with a huge flavor punch and super easy to make as well!
One major ingredient in both recipes is Silk Soymilk. Did you know this was the first time in about 20 years Jeremy could eat ranch dip?! He was in heaven!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- ½ C Silk Soymilk, Original
- ½ C water
- ¾ C all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dairy-free butter
- 1 Cup red hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ Cup Silk Soymilk, original
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix together the Silk Soymilk and water, set aside. In a large bowl, milk together the flour and dried seasonings. Slowly incorporate the milk/water mixture to form a batter.
- One at a time, dip the cauliflower florets in the batter until coated. Place on sheet tray in a single layer and make sure they are not touching.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping half way through.
- While "wings" are baking, make the sauce. In a small sauce pot, mix together the butter and hot sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Take off the heat at a simmer.
- After "wings" have cooked a full 30 minutes, place them in a large bowl and toss with the hot sauce mixture. Place "wings" back on the sheet tray in a single layer and bake an additional 30 minutes, turning them over half way through. Serve with the vegan ranch dip.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving for the flavors to combine.
These smell soooo good while baking, you will be ready for some FOOTBALL!!
Yuummmmy! I love incorporating these Silk products in recipes. I feel so good being able to serve Jeremy yummy creamy dips, dressings and sauces he would be missing without it!
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.