Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans, sweet, crunchy, extremely easy and totally addicting!
Let me preface this post by giving you a warning. You WILL fall in love with these cinnamon sugar roasted pecans. You WILL be surprised at how good they come out. And, you WILL start shoveling handfuls into your mouth before they have even cooled completely. Take my advice and double the recipe. You’re welcome.
Ugh, that classic cinnamon sugar combination coating every nook and crannies of these luscious pecans!
My Grandmother always sends a bunch of shelled pecans with my parents when they come to visit. I had to find a recipe to use them all up! I hate to say, they have been sitting in my freezer for months but now that I came up with this recipe, they will soon be gone!
Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Pecans
- 2 Cups pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees, in a small bowl mix together the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Place egg white in a medium sized bowl with the vanilla. Whisk until light, foamy and frothy, about 2 minutes. Add in the pecans and mix until they are coated evenly. In batches, add in the sugar mixture and evenly coat the pecans.
- Place in a single layer on a parchment paper lined sheet tray. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool completely, serve and enjoy! Store in an air tight container.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
Ugh! These remind me… dare I say of CHRISTMAS?! I know, it’s early but you can definitely enjoy these year round! They would be great to portion out and give as gifts as well!
Also, don’t stop at just cinnamon sugar! Just think of the possibilities! Cumin, cayenne… chipotle!
I really hope you liked another recipe this month for the snacks series!Now, go see Parrish’s recipe for Caramel Apple Rice Krispie Treats:
Check out these other yummy snacks below: