Quick and Easy Pasta Sauce, you must try this delicious recipe for red sauce that can be whipped up in a half an hour or less!
If you love pasta, you must try this delicious recipe for red sauce that can be whipped up in a half an hour or less. It makes enough sauce for you to freeze the extras to have on hand for those nights when you want to make a quick dinner. The sauce is also delicious on home-made pizza. The best part is, you probably already have all the ingredients in your fridge and pantry right now! There are no fancy ingredients in this sauce. Just tomatoes, onions, and a few spices. But don’t let the simplicity fool you. It still has plenty of flavor. So what are you waiting for?
Quick and Easy Pasta Sauce
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 4 (14.5 oz.) cans crushed or diced tomatoes (If using diced tomatoes, you can choose to pulse them in a blender a few times to get a less chunky sauce)
- 1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce (can substitute 1 six-ounce can of tomato paste)
- 1-2 Tbsp. sugar, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of baking soda
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent. Add remaining sauce ingredients and combine well. Make sure to adjust your sugar, salt and pepper ratios now while the sauce is not too hot. Bring to a simmer and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.