Hello “This Silly Girl’s Life” readers, it’s Celeste from “The Whole Serving”, back with another chocolate recipe for you.
Bark is very popular during the holidays, but who says it’s only for the holidays? I like it throughout the year, it’s like having a big candy bar.
What I like most about bark, other than the fact that it’s delicious, it’s fast and easy to make.
As far as candy goes, I like to think of this as a much healthier version of candy.
Dark chocolate…good for your heart.
Coconut…speeds metabolism, high in fiber and improves digestion.
Cashews…lower in fat than most other nuts and high in proanthocyanidins, a flavanol which help keep cancer cells from dividing.
This bark is a melt in your mouth slab of deliciousness with just a touch of heat.
The heat is hot chili oil!
And the hot chili oil… anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
The heat in this bark is shuttle and warms a bit after swallowed. You may just need to make more than one batch, one to share and one just for yourself.
Chili Chocolate Bark
- ½ cup coconut chips
- 12 oz. package of dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon hot chili oil
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 3 cups whole cashews
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all but 3 tablespoons of coconut chips in food processor, process until finely shredded, set aside for later.
- Place a medium glass or metal bowl over simmering water bath.
- Place chocolate chips, coconut butter and hot chili oil in bowl and stir gently as it begins to melt.
- Remove bowl from saucepan when almost all of the chocolate chips are melted, add in the cashew butter and continue to stir until mixture is smooth and all chips are melted.
- Mix in the cashews and shredded coconut until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to parchment lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Sprinkle on remaining coconut chips, and place in fridge, allow to cool and firm completely.
- When completely firm, break into pieces.
- Serve and Enjoy!