Hello “This Silly Girl’s Life readers”, it’s Celeste from The Whole Serving, have I got a recipe for you today. So Smooth, So Creamy, So Delicious! Strawberry Cashew Parfait, there is no better way to describe it.
I gave up yogurt last year and haven’t had a parfait since giving it up, but parfaits are back in my life, Yeah!!
I’m always about making my life easy when I can, so this is a very easy recipe to put together, trust me. You will have to soak the cashews and almonds overnight or at least two hours before blending, so there is a little prep involved. After soaking nuts, rinse, blend and blend again with the strawberries.
You end up with a smooth air-filled cream.
Time to assemble, hopefully you can resist the urge to eat it by the spoonfuls from the bowl.
Gather yourself more fresh fruit and crushed wafer cookie crumbs or use crushed graham crackers, I used chocolate graham crackers. Another option is granola.
They are so deliciously inviting, how can you resist. It’s a versatile recipe, if you don’t like strawberries, just use another fruit.
Strawberry Cashew Parfait
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked and rinsed
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds, soaked and rinsed
- ¾ cups purified water, add more water to reach desired consistency if needed
- 2 cup strawberries, sliced
- juice from one lemon
- ¼ cup agave nectar, use more or less to your taste
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 2½ cups crushed cookie crumbs, I used one sleeve of chocolate graham crackers
- 1 quart strawberries, diced
- Place cashews and almonds in two separate bowls, fill with enough filtered water to cover, allow to soak overnight or at least 2 or 3 hours.
- Once the nuts have been soaked, rinse thoroughly and place in bowl of blender. Add the water, strawberries, lemon juice, agave and sea salt and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Place chocolate wafer cookies or chocolate graham crackers in a large zipper bag, using a rolling pin, crush the cookies until they are fine crumbs. Crush enough cookies until you have about 2 & ½ cups of crumbs. I used one sleeve of graham crackers. Place in a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Dice 1 quart strawberries into a bowl.
- Time to assemble, I used small juice glasses.
- Spoon each glass with about ¼ inch cookie crumbs, top with strawberry cream, diced strawberries. Repeat layers, finishing with a sprinkling of cookie crumbs.
Have fun and enjoy!