Better Than Take Out Beef and Broccoli

Better Than Take Out Beef and Broccoli, tender flank steak marinated and seared at a high temp, mixed with broccoli in a thick soy based gravy, like your favorite take out, but better!

Welcome to the last post in the copycat series! I’ve put a lot of thought into this over the years and I think I have finally come to the conclusion that Asian food is my favorite. All of it. I know Beef and Broccoli is probably an Americanized version, but it’s just plain good!

May 29, 2015

Asian food is the bomb-diggity! even if it’s been Americanized. Thanks for sharing on Weekend bites, I can’t wait to give it a try

Karly says:
    June 14, 2015

This is totally my kind of dinner! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!

Alli H says:
    December 7, 2015

I’ve made this twice now! It’s SO good! Made it with steak the 1st time and altered it tonight with chicken breast and chicken broth (in place of beef stock). Both ways are fantastic! Love Chinese food and I love being able to make it at home and know how many calories we are ingesting. I could seriously lick the pan with that sauce. So so good!

December 7, 2015

YAY! So glad you love this recipe, thanks for letting us know!

Crissy says:
    December 9, 2015

Wow! Made this tonight for dinner, it was amazing. I usually buy regular soy sauce, but so glad this recipe called for low sodium. It was perfect, the sauce thickened beautifully and this dish tasted so great over rice. Looked pretty too! This recipe is a keeper!

Linda says:
    September 12, 2016

Oh my..this is the best…our family just loves it…I have made it at least 10 times and guess what?..we are having it again…thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe!

September 12, 2016

That’s amazing! Thanks so much for letting me know!

Stephanie says:
    January 9, 2017

This looks yummy and I very much want to try it, however, I am allergic to Gluten. I have GF soy sauce already on hand, but is there something I can sub for the flour or is it ok to just leave it out?

January 10, 2017

I’m farrr from an expert on gluten sensitivity. SO, to be safe definitely leave the flour out. Can you use cornstarch instead? If so, go for that and it will have the same effect. Otherwise, the sauce will be very soupy and not like a gravy. If that doesn’t bother you, then go for it!

Linda says:
    May 11, 2017

Definitely need to use low sodium soy sauce. Even with that, I found the recipe too salty. Next time, I think I would decrease the soy. Otherwise it was tasty.