Banana Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting

Banana Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting, light, moist banana cupcakes are topped with THE BEST brown sugar frosting. Best. Cupcakes. Ever. - ThisSillyGirlsLife.com #BananaCupcakes #BrownSugarCupcakes

I hate to say, this is another recipe I have been holding off from sharing with you all for over a month! A month! Photos, recipe, everything ready but never posted it. You see, in this wonderful world of blogging that I have come to now call my career, you can come by time to time another blogger who has some how telepathically had the same idea as you and post it before you get to do so. LOL, this happened to me with these cupcakes!

May 18, 2015

Omg these cupcakes look so amazing! Pinning and hoping that I have a good excuse to make these very soon! Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from the Frugal Crafty Home blog hop.

Stephanie B. says:
    May 18, 2015

I made these cupcakes last night and brought them into work this morning. My co-workers loved them! I had one after I had made my batch and the frosting really is awesome!

May 18, 2015

YAY, so glad everyone liked them! Thanks so much for coming back and leaving a comment on how they came out!

Kimmie says:
      February 1, 2017

Did you refrigerate the frosting? I’m making these now for tomorrow and trying to figure out if I should refrigerate the frosting and frost them in the morning or if I can do it tonight.

February 1, 2017

I would do it in the morning. Thanks for checking!

Tianna says:
    May 21, 2015

these look divine!! I love that they have a natural flavor as well – bananas are a favorite 🙂

May 22, 2015

These look so cute and delicious Dana. I love a good banana cupcake. Visiting from Freedom Fridays:)

Elizabeth says:
    May 22, 2015

I do love brown sugar frosting! Such a nice change! Pinned. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Hope to see you again tomorrow.

Corri says:
    November 15, 2015

Made theses for my Mom for her birthday! Been a while since I have baked. Your instructions were perfect, and made me feel like a star baker. Thanks for posting them!

Lee Anne says:
    August 4, 2016

I know this is an old recipe so you may never see this comment, but in case you do..this recipe is amazing! I’ve made them multiple times and the cupcakes never last the day. I especially love that as long as I have some ripe bananas (which is always) all the other ingredients are staples. Thank you so much!

August 4, 2016

Thanks so much for the sweet comment, I love that you love them too!

Jaimee says:
    August 17, 2016

Wow, I’m so glad that I found this recipe. It came out amazing! My cupcakes were sooo moist and the flavour was not too sweet, I could taste the natural banana flavour which my mom loves! I served them to my family and they loved them! Followed exactly what it said in the instructions and I’m satisfied. 🙂

Angela says:
    September 24, 2016

These cupcake are crazy good! Better than any bakery cupcakes I have ever had! The frosting tastes like no frosting I have ever had! It is so delicious!!! Thanks for the yummy recipe!

EK says:
    November 19, 2016

Delish! I made these and I love them. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to eat a whole one because I ate too much batter. 🙁 It’s just so good!

November 19, 2016

LOL sounds like a good problem to have, I’m so glad you like them!

Eylia says:
    December 3, 2016

Hello. I hv tried ur recipe. It turns out great! The cake is so moist n the frosting wow delicious. I am wondering if the frosting tastes good with chocolate cupcakes. Thank you so much for sharing 😊

December 3, 2016

Thanks so much! I’m not sure how it would pair with chocolate but it’s so good I can see it being yummy with every flavor. The chocolate might over power it thought.

Abigail Paulsen says:
    December 24, 2016

I made these cupcakes and they really are tasty, and the frosting tasted like chocolate chip cookies. However I frosted them while they were just slightly warm in the middle, and the frosting melted very quickly. It didn’t help that I was bringing them to a pool party in a hot car, but despite the messy appearance they were delish!

KendyRhea says:
    January 7, 2017

It’s snowing outside and I wanted to bake a feel good sweet. The recipe was easy and the ingredients were right out of the cupboard, nothing fancy, which I like. The frosting was perfect – together it was like having a warm piece of banana bread with a smear of sweetened butter. It hit the spot! And I shared with my apartment security guards and the guys shoveling snow – they loved them!

January 8, 2017

Thanks for the wonderful note, I’m glad you liked them!!

Rachel says:
    January 16, 2017

Delicious! I made these with my daughter (10yrs old). She had fun, and the cupcakes were so amazing, moist and flavorful. Frosting was great too, enjoyed whipping the ingredients and seeing it all come together beautifully.