Pepper Jack Cheese Muffins, quick and easy tender, cheesy muffins with a hint of spice that will pair perfectly with almost any meal!
If you have been sticking around with me for some time, you might remember a similar recipe for Garlic Cheese Muffins I did back in 2013 (was it really that long ago, wow!). They are incredible and I have made them often from time to time. BUT, I really wanted to kick them up and try something different.
The addition of Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese really sent this recipe over the top! Now, I like a little spice and these really have the perfect amount for me.
They are soooo good. Super cheesy with a warm, soft, melt in your mouth interior. The addition of a little garlicky butter slathered on top right out of the oven gives them extra moistness with a burst of flavor. You really don’t need anything additional on them, like a type of spread. They are that amazing!
Pepper Jack Cheese Muffins
- 8 oz block Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese (or any brand you like), shredded
- 1½ Cup all purpose flour
- ½ tbls granulated sugar
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup unsalted butter, melted, divided
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and ½ tsp salt into a large bowl. Mix together. Add in the cheese and stir together so cheese is coated. In a separate bowl, add in the egg and lightly beat it, add in the milk and ¼ Cup of the melted butter, whisk until combined.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir with a large spoon until just mixed. There might be some small lumps and that is okay, we just don't want any dry patches.
- Evenly divide batter into 12 servings in a muffin tin that is lined or that has been sprayed with baking spray. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top. Place tin on wired rack to cool.
- Take the additional ¼ Cup of melted butter and mix in the pinch of salt and ¼ tsp garlic powder. Brush mixture on top of each muffin evenly. Serve warm, enjoy!
You can see the little specs of the peppers in the pepper jack cheese, ugh so good!
These are also an amazing snack heated up the next day in the microwave for a few seconds… just sayin’.
Seriously, I love a good roll or bread like this during a nice meal at home. It just gives an extra touch to whatever you are serving!
I really hope you liked today’s recipe! Any kind of cheese would be amazing in these muffins, what’s your favorite kind??
For more recipes, check out these past ones below: