Hello All!! It’s Celeste from The Whole Serving, today is my first share with This Silly Girl’s Life readers. I hope you love this Taco Soup as much as I do, it’s one of my all time favorite soups.
If you like tacos and nachos, you will love this soup. I always make a big pot, just so there are leftovers to eat on throughout the week. It’s a hearty, fill-you-up soup, loaded with protein. Not a vegetarian? add your choice of meat. Honestly, this is more than just a soup – it’s a topper for killer nachos, burritos, enchiladas, so many possibilities.
This may become your families favorite!
Vegetarian Taco Soup
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped jalapeno
- dash of sea salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- 2 cans of 14.5 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cans of 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- Optional garnishes: sliced red onions, sour cream, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeno,lime wedges,and tortilla chips.
- Heat large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, and then add in onions, garlic and chopped jalapeno and salt and pepper. Saute until onions are translucent, about 1 and a half minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Garnish and serve with a squeeze of lime and tortilla chips.