Rigatoni with Mushrooms, enjoy this easy peasy quick and elegant pasta dinner.
Hey there it is Rina again from ITheeCook.com. I am super stoked about being a contributor here for 2015! This is a super easy weeknight dish that can me made in a flash. Totally under 30 minutes and looks like it took all day. Not to mention it is super delicious, healthy and even can be made vegetarian! I look forward to seeing you all again next month! Enjoy…until next time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3.5 oz sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil), diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock, not broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (or up to 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil)
- ½ rigatoni pasta
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat, add sliced mushrooms and garlic – and cook the vegetables for about 3 minutes. Add diced sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat.
- Add the chicken stock to the skillet and continue to cook the vegetables in a chicken stock on medium heat until the mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes absorb some of the stock and the sauce reduces a bit. Add the wine and cook for 5 minutes more then add the basil.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and add the pasta into the sauce and continue cooking the sauce with the pasta in it, on medium heat, for a couple of minutes until the sauce thickens up a bit, stirring constantly to coat well. Serve with more basil and parmesan cheese for garnish.
Connect with Rina: