Cookies and Cream Red Velvet Brownies, Oreo stuffed homemade red velvet brownies, topped with cookies and cream kisses!
Now that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, red velvet everything is in high demand! You might even see another red velvet recipe from me next week, I’m sorry, I can’t help it. It’s a problem, I know! LOL.
We just love a classic red velvet cupcake but I wanted to do something more. I really like “bar” recipes, they are cute, handheld and so easy to customize.
Stuffing these red velvet brownies with Oreos then letting cookies and cream kisses melt on top and smoothing them out like a frosting just take these over the top! Jeremy even said this was the best dessert I’ve ever made… now that’s saying something!
- 1¼ Cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tbls cocoa powder
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick (1/2 Cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 oz (2 Tbls) red food coloring gel
- 15 Oreos
- 54 cookies and cream kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, add in the flour, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in eggs one at a time and mix, add in vanilla and food coloring, mix to combine. Mix in about ¼ of the flour mixture at a time until everything is combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- In a 9x9 pan, line with parchment paper and place half of the brownie mixture in bottom, spreading to coat evenly.
- Next, layer in the Oreos. Pour the remaining batter on top and smooth the top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Place on a wired rack and immediately top with the kisses. Wait 10 minutes for the kisses to melt and with a spatula, smooth the kisses over the entire top. Let cool completely, place in the fridge and let set for an hour. (Or, if you prefer them warm you can skip the fridge.)
- Cut into bars, serve and enjoy!
UGH, yes! Words cannot describe how amazing these are. Can’t you just tell by these pics, woah!
Wouldn’t your kids or sweetie (or yourself, I’m not judging!) go nuts over these?! I know I would, lol.
I really hope you enjoyed today’s ah-mazing recipe! What’s your favorite red velvet treat?!
Now, go check out Parrish’s recipe for Chocolate Cheesecake Cookie Bites:
If you liked this recipe, please check out these others by clicking on the images: