This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TasteTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Snowmen Cherry Cheesecake Cookies, cute cookie cups filled with cherry pie filling and no bake cheesecake. Decorated as little snowmen!
‘Tis the season for all things cute! Just like today’s post, snowmen cherry cheesecake cookies! Of course, these cookies are cute already in their little cookie cups but the added snowmen faces are just perfect for this time of year!
I love to serve festive holiday treats when the weather gets cold. Especially at the fun holiday parties this time of year. Holiday parties are probably the best because everyone is in such a great mood and you get to really appreciate your friends and family.
Although, if you are a party host, like myself, things can get pretty hectic!
What’s the menu going to be like? Will everyone show up? What if my guests invite MORE guests…. do I have enough chairs… will everyone like this dish…. and I can’t forget to CLEAN!
Before the inevitable anxiety attack consumes you, just take a minute and plan, plan, plan! Organized lists are your best friend right now! First on your list for the menu should be these adorable Snowmen Cherry Cheesecake Cookies! Using good quality products from KRAFT like the Philadelphia Cream Cheese I used to create these cookies makes sure your recipes come out as delicious as possible!
Smooth and creamy, I use cream cheese A LOT if you haven’t noticed already… ahem.
I picked mine up at Walmart (like always, I know!) by the butter.
Next to make the cookies! Make sure to make these ahead of time, they take at least 4 hours to set. Another party planning tip, make items in advance!!! Recipe adapted from La Receta De La Felicidad.
- 14 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3½ Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 10 oz canned cherry pie filling
- Orange and black gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together. Add in the egg and salt and mix to combine. Add in the flour a little at a time until fully mixed and a dough forms.
- Taking half of the dough at a time, roll it out to ⅛ of an inch between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a round cookie cutter (I used the beveled side to make it prettier) cut out dough rounds. On the back of a mini cupcake tin that has been sprayed with baking spray, place cookies and form around the cupcake tin. Make sure to press it down around all the sides to form perfect cups.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown. Place on wired rack for 10 minutes. Remove cups and place back on rack to cool completely.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream all the ingredients together until completely smooth.
- Place cherry pie filling in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Take two bowls and in each bowl place two Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture. Color with food coloring, one bowl should be orange, one black.
- Place 1 tsp of the cherry filling in each cookie cup. Fill the rest of the way up with the cream cheese mixture and smooth out the top.
- Carefully decorate the tops of the cookies like little snowmen faces. This is easily done with wooden skewers.
- Let sit in the fridge at least 4 hours until serving, enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter and sugar in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together. Add in the egg and salt and mix to combine. Add in the flour a little at a time until fully mixed and a dough forms.
On the back of a mini cupcake tin that has been sprayed with baking spray, place cookies and form around the cupcake tin. Make sure to press it down around all the sides to form perfect cups.
So cute, and really yummy! This isn’t an overly sweet dessert either!
Along with these beauties, I made a free printable.
I think giving small gifts at the end of your party really adds a nice personal touch! Filling a jar with homemade hot cocoa mix, reindeer chow or sugar scrub will just make your party more memorable! For the printable, simply right click the below image, hit “view image” then print!
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!