This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Halos. All opinions are 100% mine. #HalosFun
Mini Mimosa Cupcakes, bite sized cupcakes infused with fresh squeezed mandarin orange juice and topped with fluffy champagne buttercream frosting!
Okay, okay, now I know I’ve said this a thousand times BUT…. these HAVE to be the best cupcakes I have ever made.
I know. Trust me on this, these little cuties are just bursting with mimosa flavor! How adorable will they be on your holiday brunch spread OR at a New Year’s Ever party…. swoon.
AND, they are just so photogenic… I may have gone a touch overboard with these pics…. #SorryNotSorry
These are soooo easy to make too, I used a boxed white cake mix, like usual. I juiced those mini Halos mandarin oranges for the liquid in the cupcakes and wow, they are really bursting with sweet orange flavor! Also, I got the recipe inspiration for the frosting from Gimme Some Oven.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 Cup Halos mandarins juice, fresh squeezed (or orange juice works!)
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ Cup water
- ⅓ Cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 3¼ Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp champagne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using Halos, juice them first. You will need about 9 Halos for 1 Cup of juice. Mix juice with the rest of the ingredients with a hand mixer until combined. On medium speed, mix for another 2 minutes.
- Fill mini cupcake tins lined with wrappers ⅔ of the way full. Bake 10-12 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Place on wired rack for 5 minutes, and then transfer cupcakes directly on to rack. Cool completely.
- Cream together the butter and sugar with hand mixer on medium speed. Add in the remaining ingredients and whip on high speed for two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Top cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
I just can’t get over how amazing these came out. Even Jeremy, a big skeptic that normally doesn’t like things that aren’t “traditional” went nuts over these! I think he had 10 in one sitting but who’s counting? LOL
Please, please try these mini mimosa cupcakes! Even if you think you don’t like champagne, these are just amazing. The alcohol flavor is verrrry subtle but they taste just like the best mimosa!
If you liked this recipe, please check out these others by clicking on the images: