I know Thanksgiving just happened, but I’ve recently discovered a whole new way of making mashed potatoes. I’ve never considered mashed potatoes hard to make, but I’ve also never made them in a crockpot before. I kept hearing about people doing it so I decided to give it a try.
I chopped them up, added some water, a little butter and salt and pepper and let it cook. A few hours later they were done and smelling delicious. I also used my electric mixer and they were mixed in a jiffy. It was a thing of beauty. The best part of this whole process was when I added in some Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream. Oh my so good and much healthier.
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes with Greek Yogurt
- 4 pounds potatoes, cut into 2 inch cubes (this time round I used russet and red potatoes. You can peel yours, but I like the skins)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk (you can use a milk substitute here)
- ½ stick butter, cubed
- salt and pepper for taste
- Cut the potatoes and place in crock pot. Add about a ¼ cup water at the bottom. On top of the potatoes, place your cubed butter. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on low for 2-5 hours
- Once done, add your yogurt, milk and salt/pepper. If you’re going to use your electric mixer, barely mix until mashed up. You don’t want to over beat your potatoes or they can turn into a paste (still good, but not as good as fluffy potatoes).