Happy September everyone! It’s Sara from over at Bitz & Giggles, here to share yet another yummy cupcake recipe with you all! Apple and pumpkin seem to be the star ingredients in desserts as of late, but let’s not forget about the classics: peanut butter and chocolate – perfect for ANY time of year! These Peanut Butter Oreo & Cream Cupcakes are “OFF THE CHAIN” as Mel B from America’s Got Talent would say. Do any of you watch that show? It’s one of my all-time favorites, and I TiVo the entire season. I laugh, I cry, I shake in my boots on the edge of my seat – I “heart” that show.
Peanut Butter Oreo and Cream Cupcakes
Alright, back to these OFF THE CHAIN cupcakes. Picture this, marble cupcakes with a surprise cream cheese and peanut butter Oreo center, topped with Oreo Peanut Butter & Cream frosting. Can I ever just make a normal cupcake? Probably not. So, I first discovered these Reese’s Oreo Minis a couple months ago and I may have bought out the store that day.
We are big Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup fans and the idea to put that goodness inside of an Oreo completely blew my mind. Of course I needed to incorporate them into a cupcake. So, I will admit, there are a few steps involved in making the cupcakes, but the end results are COMPLETELY worth the time it takes to do a few extra dishes. Who am I kidding? I just threw all of my bowls into the dishwasher after I prepared them – only AFTER licking out all of the mixing bowls once. . .or twice.
I thought you’d find it interesting that I practically douse my baking tins in nonstick baking spray before I put them in the oven. I do this because I have a habit of filling my cupcake liners too full and then the cupcake spills over the top onto the pan. Since I spray the heck out of the pan, my little “accidents” usually just slide right out. No problem.
Here’s a larger close-up at the finished cupcake before I frosted them. I love the marbling effect and how some of the cream cheese centers oozed out and spread out over the tops of the cupcakes. So good.
Take a look at that beautiful center. You can see the Oreo, you can see the cream cheese. And how about that thick cookie frosting?! OMG. Just between you and me, I caught my husband eating this frosting off a spoon the other day. Shame on him. Just kidding. I did it, too. 🙂
So are you still with me or are you running to get the ingredients for these amazing cupcakes right now? Whether you have the ingredients already in your pantry or need to make a quick run to the store, make sure you try these cupcakes ASAP!
- 1 package marble cake mix and ingredients to prepare
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 48 Mini Oreos (Reese’s Peanut Butter)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 6 regular-sized Oreos, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, egg and sugar in a small bowl until well mixed.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of the vanilla batter from the cake mix into each of the lined muffin cups.
- Put a teaspoon of the fudge batter from the cake mix into each of the cups and swirl with a knife to make a marbled effect.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture over the marbled batter in each of the cups.
- Top the cream cheese with a mini cookie and cover with another tablespoon of vanilla batter for each cup.
- Bake 20-21 minutes or until evenly baked. Cool completely.
- Top the cupcakes with the frosting and remaining mini Oreos for garnish just before serving.
Looking for More Sweet Treats?
I’d love for you to follow all of my recipes and adventures over at Bitz & Giggles, and don’t forget to check me out online!
CONNECT WITH ME HERE: