Maple Buttercream Frosting

Today I have a super easy and simple recipe for maple buttercream frosting! This frosting is so versatile and sooo yummy it would be perfect just as frosting shots! I know… sounds crazy but it’s that good!

Maple Buttercream Frosting

Simple recipe for light and fluffy Maple Buttercream Frosting, so easy and delicious!

Julie says:
    September 14, 2014

Now that looks like a recipe that will be earning a place in my recipe folder! I like trying new ideas but only the best get a permanent place in my folder – I have a really good feeling about this one!

Sarah R. says:
    September 15, 2014

I bet you could use this frosting on any number of upcoming Fall recipes- so delish!! Thank you so much for linking up at Snickerdoodle Sunday…I hope you’ll come back later this week with your latest makes & bakes!

Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

September 15, 2014

I adore buttercream frosting and I bet the maple adds the yummiest flavor! Thank you so much for linking these up with Mouthwatering Mondays! Have a delicious week! xo

Julie says:
    September 15, 2014

I wasn’t hungry, but I am now : )!

Elizabeth says:
    September 16, 2014

Looks wonderful! I’ll definitely be pinning this for later.

Jill says:
    September 17, 2014

Love this. Perfect for fall! Pinned.

September 17, 2014

I’ve been trying to find a good maple frosting recipe, can’t wait to try yours! Pinning, thanks!

Diane Balch says:
    September 17, 2014

What is google’s new policy about comments? I didn’t see anything on line.

Rachel says:
    July 27, 2015

I agree with the comment on consistency. I make homemade buttercream all the time, and I’ve never seen a recipe with so little powdered sugar. I gave it a go anyway, because I’d just made some maple bacon cookies this sounded just right for. Perfect room temp butter, whipped precisely as instructions list, and it was SO runny. I maybe it’s the syrup, I’m not sure, but I added quite a bit more powdered sugar after this and it still is sticky and runny (like slide right off the spatula runny). It’s delicious, but it’s super messy and certainly won’t stay in place let alone hold a shape. A+ for taste, but lacking in the consistency department.

July 27, 2015

Sorry I really don’t know why there would be an issue. It came out perfect for me, sorry to hear that!

July 29, 2015

I was thinking, and I wonder did you use pure maple syrup? I used just plain old pancake syrup that I had around, and after thinking about it, that is probably quite a bit thinner than the pure stuff. Maybe that made the difference?

Caroline says:
            July 17, 2016

I made this recipe EXACTLY as written, with pure maple syrup, room temp but not runny unsalted margarine (that’s the one difference I had to have, since I needed my buttercream to be dairy-free), followed the directions precisely, and it came out absolutely perfect. Huge hit. Universally acclaimed. “Hints of dulce de”; “Tastes like caramel”. When I first read the recipe I also thought it had a surprisingly tiny amount of confectioners sugar, and I wasn’t sure if it would work, but I always try a recipe without changing it the first time to give it a chance – and it surprised me with how perfect it was! Not only was the taste great, it piped beautifully and held its shape not only on the fresh cake, but even for the next day or so on the little bit of cake left over. A home run.

July 18, 2016

This made my morning, thanks so much for taking the time out to let us know!!

Dioctopus says:
    October 3, 2015

Made this with salted butter by mistake
    yuck
    tossed
    made with unsalted
    YUM!!!!
    Didn’t have enough for my cake though my cake looks really sad. it fell apart and is poorly frosted, but its gonna be gooood!!!!

October 3, 2015

LOL, I have done that many a time! I’m glad you still enjoyed it!

Mary says:
    May 22, 2016

I tried this recipe and I agree it didn’t have enough powdered sugar. I added another couple cups and a few drops of maple flavor. It was much better with the extra sugar. 🙂