Lightened Hummingbird Bundt Cake

1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse
Compensation for this post {lightened hummingbird bundt cake} was provided by In The Raw ®  via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In The Raw ®  or AOL.

When visiting my family a couple weeks ago, we stopped into this little cupcake shop and one of their flavors of the day was hummingbird. I’d never had hummingbird cake before but I knew right away I wanted to make my own version of it and I thought it would be exceptionally pretty as a bundt cake! I wanted to make it a lighter version because, if you haven’t noticed already, I have been on quite a desserts kick lately. I was still wanting to bake and try my hand at this hummingbird bundt cake but I didn’t want to feel guilty after eating yet another sweet treat. It came out delicious, and Jeremy couldn’t even tell I made some swaps, shh!

Lightened Hummingbird Bundt Cake

Lightened Hummingbird Bundt Cake, banana pineapple bundt cake topped with cream cheese glaze and garnished with toasted pecans! #InTheRaw

1 of 2
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Daphne says:
    September 8, 2014

Good Morning Dana, I have just bought a bundt tin, so I was interested to see how you made your Hummingbird cake….. firstly can I say, what a lovely name for a cake and secondly, I love banana, pineapple and cream cheese frosting…. but I am go to resist and make your lighter version.
    I look forward to trying it out this coming weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

Bobbi says:
    September 11, 2014

Almost too pretty to eat…almost 🙂 Love your version!! I need to lighten up some of my sweets too. Been making too many. Maybe I can trick my fam too 🙂

Thanks for sharing!
    Pinning it!

September 12, 2014

I just had hummingbird cake for the first time last week…it was yummy but only could eat a few bites since it was so rich. Yours looks lighter and am anxious to try it. The one I had also had cherries in it, so I bet the recipe changes a from baker to baker. Thanks for the great recipe!

September 12, 2014

I had never heard of a hummingbird cake until I started blogging. this one looks terrific! Hugs and Thank you for sharing and for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Bog Hop.

September 14, 2014

Hi Dana…the name of this cake intrigued me since we have hummingbirds that flit in and out of the lattice of oak leaves surrounding our second story veranda and sometimes visiting the flowers on our table 🙂 Except I would have to adjust the recipe to make it paleo…maybe almond flour and honey? Thanks for a great idea. Blessings…

Akaleistar says:
    September 14, 2014

What a beautiful cake! It looks delicious!

Cheri says:
    September 14, 2014

I have a whole “herd” of hummingbirds at my patio spring to Sept…I will try this recipe and enjoy it while watching them!

September 16, 2014

Hi there! I’ll be featuring this as a favorite recipe on our Wednesday Whatsits post today. Thanks for submitting! Be sure to stop by to see it!!! – Krissy

Elizabeth says:
    September 17, 2014

This looks so yummy, Dana. Thank you for sharing and thanks for stopping by Let’s Get Real this week!! Be sure to come again!

September 19, 2014

oh man this lightened hummingbird bundt cake looks, sounds and i bet taste and smells totally delish!! wow now I know what I want for my birthday cake! Thanks for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday!!

Karly says:
    September 21, 2014

Gorgeous cake! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!