Fall Leaf Garland {contributor Shelly}

Hello again! I’ve noticed a lot of people saying they don’t decorate for fall because Halloween is right around the corner or the decorations are not their style. I made the most simple felt leaf garland that is super easy to customize by changing the colors to your favorite fall pallet.

Fall Leaf Garland

This craft could not be easier or cuter! I love how happy these colors play together. These colors were inspired by a jewel toned hat I’d gotten one year. I always buy amazing hats but never wear them. Maybe this year will be the year of hat wearing!

instagramFall Leaf Garland, simple felt leaf garland that is super easy to customize by changing the colors to your favorite fall pallet.If you follow me on Instagram, you’d have already seen these. Some people had asked for a tutorial and I thought Dana’s site would be the perfect place to share the love!
materialsMaterials Needed:

• Felt of your color choice
  • A piece of sturdy paper (for leaf stencil)
  • Scissors
  • Chunky Yarn
  • Tape

cutThe first step is to cut out your leaf pattern and trace it onto your felt. Use fabric scissors for an easier cutting experience. Once all your leaves are cut, fold each leaf in half (hotdog style) and snip little holes down the middle of the leaf. I would start in the middle and cut 4 to the right and 3 to the left allowing my thread to start and finish on the same side of the leaf after it was threaded. I suggest to do small snips and make them larger if necessary to make it look like you really sewed the yarn through the leaves.

sewOnce the leaf has it’s holes, use a piece of tape to make an aglet on the end of the yarn for easier threading. String all the leaves on your yarn and hang! Seriously. It’s that easy!

Fall Leaf Garland, simple felt leaf garland that is super easy to customize by changing the colors to your favorite fall pallet.Fall Leaf Garland, simple felt leaf garland that is super easy to customize by changing the colors to your favorite fall pallet.I also did the same method to make a mini garland for our family command center but cut the leaves in half.

Fall Leaf Garland, simple felt leaf garland that is super easy to customize by changing the colors to your favorite fall pallet.The felt leaf garland was extremely simple to make but this bradded foam pumpkin was the easiest and fastest decoration I’ve ever made. I love his happy polka dots. It’s a nice change of pace from the orange/red/yellow standard fall decor I see in stores.

Fall Leaf Garland, simple felt leaf garland that is super easy to customize by changing the colors to your favorite fall pallet.I used 7 pieces of felt from the store which allotted several garlands. I even had enough to decorate my blog/craft desk! What’d you guys think? Simple enough? What colors would you use to match your fall decor? I think this would be a fun craft to do with your kids! Maybe use it as a count down or add a leaf for every book they read in the fall!

If you liked this post, check out these others:

pots-shelf

DIY Terracotta Pots

pumpkin

A Trip to the Orchard

easy-tapestry

Easy Weave

Connect with Shelly here:

Facebook | Google + | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Sami says:
    September 27, 2014

Oh my gosh, Dana, this is super cute and super easy! I can’t wait to make it! Yay, my girls will love helping too.

Shelly says:
    September 29, 2014

I’m glad you liked it Sami! I’d love to see what colors you and your girls use!

Christie says:
    September 30, 2014

I really like the fall leaf garland. It is so cute, but easy to make. Also, I am IN LOVE with the polka dot pumpkin! It is so adorable I think I’ll have to make one of my own. Great job!

Shelly says:
      September 30, 2014

YAY Christie! You gotta make one! My friend found black round push pins that she used with a white pumpkin that looked super cute too!

Michele says:
    September 30, 2014

Dana, your baby is super sweet and i <3 your garland! Pinned

September 30, 2014

Thanks but I don’t have a baby (soon I hope!), this is one of my contributors Shelly from DIYmamablog.com you can check out more of her projects there!!

Shelly says:
      September 30, 2014

🙂 Thank you Michelle. We’re partial to her too! 😉 Thanks for the re-pin!!!

September 30, 2014

That garland paired with the adorable polka dot pumpkin is just perfect. Simple, understated decor, but still bright and fun. I love it!

Shelly says:
      October 1, 2014

I thought so too! Not over done but still in the Fall spirit!

October 1, 2014

Pinned and featured on my fb page as well as a shout out to DIY Mama’s blog. This is a creative garland that can be used in so many ways! Easily made while watching tv, or to get the kids involved in threading the ‘vine’. Thank you so much for linking up at Wonderful Wed. Blog Hop and hope to see you again next week. Carrie, A Mother’s Shadow

Shelly says:
      October 1, 2014

Thanks for the props Carrie! Totally a TV watching craft!! I’m pretty sure I watched The Three Amigos while doing this guy. 😉

Shelly says:
      October 5, 2014

Garlands really are the best and a staple for every holiday/party at our house!

Shelly says:
      October 5, 2014

Thank you for having us Tanya!

Sinea Pies says:
    October 5, 2014

Love this craft! Pinned it 🙂
    Your post was so popular on our Wonderful Wednesday Blog hop that it will be featured this week! See you Tuesday night !!