Hello again everyone, I am Rosemary from anitalianinmykitchen.com, I cannot believe we are already into August and it will be time for back to school and my favourite time of the year, Autumn! I just returned from an amazing 2 month long visit with family and friends in Toronto, Canada. How I enjoyed visiting friends in Northern Ontario and all my walks revisiting a fast growing Toronto. I used to know it like the back of my hand, but how many times did I have to ask where is such and such a street? Now I am back in my own kitchen in Rome, Italy ready to start cooking again. So after I asked my family what they would like me to cook up, what was their request? Pizza! So pizza it was, and I have to admit this is the most delicious, pizza dough I have ever made. Thanks Zia!
In Italy one of the most popular ways to make pizza is what they call “pizza bianca” or white pizza. It is a very simple yet delicious pizza, just 3 ingredients. This pizza is also great as an alternative to bread. This dough makes enough for 2 large pizzas and 1 small. So give this white pizza and let me know how you like it. Buon Appetito!
- 2 cups warm water
- 1½ tablespoons yeast
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- leaves from 2 sprigs of rosemary
- ½-1 tablespoon rock salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large bowl pour in warm water, add yeast and sugar and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add olive oil, salt and 2 cups of flour mix then add another 2 cups of flour and continue to mix (dough will come together).
- On a flat surface place the ½ cup of flour, remove dough from the bowl and knead in the ½ cup of flour, continue to knead till dough becomes smooth and springy. Lightly grease with olive oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, roll dough so it is lightly covered with the olive oil then cover bowl completely with a towel. Let sit for approximately 1½- 2 hours in a warm draft free area.
- Then remove dough from the bowl and on a lightly floured surface knead for a minute, (if dough is sticky add a few drops of olive oil to your fingers). Then divide dough up and place in pizza pans and cover with desired toppings.
- On a small pizza crust drizzle the dough with olive oil, add rosemary and rock salt. Bake in 420 degree pre-heated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes (check after 13 minutes).
Some other pizzas you may like to try from anitalianinmykitchen: