Welcome back to the after school snacks series! I have for you today something almost everyone can relate to (unless you’re lactose intolerant, oops sorry!) Cereal milk ice cream! You know that yummy milk that’s left over after you’ve eaten all the cereal out of the bowl? Sweet sugary yumminess! One of my favorite cereals growing up (and still is, go figure) is fruity pebbles! I eat that stuff by the fistful! So of course in honor of after school snacking, I had to make this ice cream. I just had to do it, sorry guys! 😉
No Churn Cereal Milk Ice Cream
OH and did I mention it’s no churn? Hello easy! SCORE! (I might be on a slight sugar high… ahem.)
- 2 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1¼ Cup fruity pebbles (or sugary cereal of your choice)
- 14 Oz sweetened condensed milk
- more cereal for garnish if desired
- Place metal bowl and hand mixer whisks in freezer while making the "cereal milk".
- Get two bowls and place ½ cup of cereal in each. Pour heavy cream over cereal in first bowl. Let sit until soggy about 5 minutes. Strain cereal into the second bowl with fine mesh colander and with a spatula or the back of a spoon, push out as much of the liquid as possible. Place soggy cereal back into first bowl. Repeat the first step, get the second bowl of cereal soggy for about 5 minutes. Strain this again back into the first bowl. Let sit another 5 minutes, strain into second bowl and let sit 5 minutes. (adding the cream a second time to the soggy cereal makes sure all the flavors can be absorbed without the cereal soaking up too much of the cream) Take out metal bowl and finally strain the last of the soggy cereal through the fine mesh colander. Discard soggy cereal.
- With hand mixer, beat on medium speed until cream forms soft peaks about 3-5 minutes. Add in the condensed milk and mix until combined. Fold in the remaining ¼ Cup cereal. Place in metal pan of your choice and freeze. This should take at least 6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy, top with additional cereal if desired.
Step by Step Directions
There are not enough words to describe the deliciousness of this. You just have to make it… please make it! AND if you do, come back here and leave a comment, cause well.. I like comments! hehehe
Your little ones will love it, guaranteed and it might just bring out your inner kid!
Cheers! I really, truly hoped you enjoyed today’s recipe!! As always, don’t forget to go check out Parrish’s weekly after school snacks recipe for Bottom of the Box Cereal Bars:
Last week’s after school snacks:
Some more snacks you might enjoy: