This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. Opinions are mine alone. #SauceOn #CollectiveBias
I love spicy food. Jeremy does not. This is a problem in our house, as you can imagine! What I have to do is many a dish or condiment non spicy, set aside enough for him and then kick up the rest of the recipe (normally with hot sauce, yum!) for me! That’s what I had to do with today’s recipe for Chicken Pitas with Spicy Garlic Sauce, and can I add either way is delicious but if you like a kick, make it my way!
Chicken Pitas with Spicy Garlic Sauce
These pitas were beyond delicious! This is my go to salad dressing or condiment on most dish. Heck, I even use it on my potato salad now. It’s amazing, you have to try it! It’s the same recipe as my spicy garlic salad dressing except this time I used El Yucateco Red Habanero Sauce! I found this sauce along with the other flavors offered, Green Habanero and XXXtra Hot Kutbil-ik Sauce at my local Publix!
I picked them up in the ethnic food section, they were on the top shelf. They come in these little bottles so it’s easily overlooked!
The Red Habanero really gives a nice kick to my sauce but doesn’t leave a lingering hotness, I really like that about it. I have to admit, I’m scared to try the XXXtra hot!
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tbls Sugar, granulated
- 1 Tbls White Vinegar
- 1 Tbls Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1 Tbls red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbls water
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp El Yucateco Red Habanero Sauce
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- pepper to taste
- Pitas, cooked marinated chicken, spicy garlic sauce, lettuce, tomato, scallions
- Place all ingredients but chicken in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Place chicken in a zip lock bag and pour marinade in. Close bag and massage chicken so it gets coated in the marinade. Let sit in the fridge and marinade for at least an hour.
- Cook chicken on grill or on stove top by searing chicken in hot pan on one side, flipping over and finishing it in a preheated 350 degree oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 10 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Store in an air tight container in the fridge until use.
- Slice lettuce, tomato and scallions. Place in a bowl and toss with spicy garlic sauce.
- Slice chicken and place in pita, top with lettuce mixture. You can add additional toppings as you wish. I suggest pepper jack cheese, cucumbers or red bell peppers. Serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Ugh they are so good and that sauce, I could piratically drink it! I didn’t though, don’t worry! And that chicken, so much flavor! It is my go to recipe for grilled chicken or chicken tacos! Oh yea!
What do you think? Is this something your family will enjoy too?
Connect with El Yucateco: