This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #KefirCreations
Hi there! I’m back with another recipe using Lifeway Kefir! I am so obsessed with this stuff I just had to go and make another yummy recipe to share! I love banana bread! Don’t you?? It’s kind of like the best thing ever, moist, slightly sweet… almost like cake! I have to be honest, I’m not a big banana fan. I’ll eat them is I have to but anything banana dessert type items, I’m allll over! I’ve been wanting to make another banana bread since my chocolate chunk vanilla banana bread I made a while back and this one sure didn’t disappoint! Bursting with fresh strawberries, this is definitely a summery alternative to traditional banana bread!
Streusel Topped Strawberry Banana Bread
To make, making a sweet bread like this just needs some type of topping. I’ve seen tons of muffins recently with a streusel topping and I thought that would go perfectly with this fruity bread! And, I was right! It gets nice and crispy crunchy in the oven, a nice contrast to the moist bread. Although, after the first day, the topping isn’t as crisp, it is still a nice sweet bite to the top!
So, if you remember I made these ah-mazing raspberry panana cottas a couple weeks ago and since then I have been itching to make another recipe using Kefir. I was just going to use up the last of the Kefir from that recipe but, duh I drank it all… woops. So, back to Winn Dixie I went to pick up another bottle of the stuff.
This time I got the Banana Strawberry flavor to pair perfectly with the banana and strawberry flavors already going into the bread. BUT, if you wanted to make another recipe and replace regular yogurt or sour cream with Lifeway Kefir, just pick up the plain flavor and you’re good to go. The best part about using Kefir instead is getting those probiotics in to your baked good and desserts, sneaky sneaky!! 😉
Okay, okay on to the recipe!
- 2 Cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4-5 bananas)
- 1 Stick butter, unsalted softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- ⅓ Cup Strawberry Banana Lifeway Kefir
- 1½ Cups strawberries, chopped fine
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- ¼ Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbls + 1½ tsp all purpose flour
- 4 Tbls unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the brown sugar and butter for about 3 minutes in a stand mixer or with hand mixer. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating them into the mixture. Add the kefir, bananas and vanilla, beat for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Using a large spoon or spatula, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, leaving about 1 Tbls of the dry ingredients in the bowl. Mix until no flour pockets remain but do not over mix. Add in the strawberries that have been mixed in the remaining flour mixture. Stir mixture until just combined.
- Spoon batter into 8x5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. In a separate bowl, add the remaining ingredients for the streusel topping, cut in the butter until it forms small pea sized chunks. Sprinkle over the bread evenly.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, loosely covering the bread at the 30 minute mark with foil. This will make sure the bread doesn't get too dark. Bread is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Take bread out of oven and let cool for 20 minutes on wired rack. Remove bread from pan and let cool.
- Slice and serve warm, enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Yum, so good I love it in the morning with my coffee! You can try out this recipe yourself with the help of some coupons! Sign up here for Lifeway coupons.
What is your favorite banana bread combination??
Connect with Lifeway:
Available for preorder now:
Order My Cookbook!
Available for preorder now: