Okay, this one is a little different for me. I’m not sure if you can tell but I’m really a traditionalist. I know I make a lot of dishes that are reinvented but some things I just like them the way they are suppose to be made. Potato salad is normally one of those items. I like them cold and creamy. But, while Jeremy was in the hospital we got to watch a lot of the food network. And, good ole Bobby Flay made this ah-mazing French style potato salad. So, when we got back home I just had to make one, my version of course!
French Style Roasted Potato Salad
Now, this is definitely a step in the other direction from traditional. Warm potatoes that heave been roasted to a golden brown and tossed in a tangy mustard dressing. We had this on the 4th of July with a big juicy rib eyes! It was Heaven. Recipe adapted from Bobby Flay.
- 1½ pounds baby yellow potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls whole mustard
- 1 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- ¼ Cup + 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 Tbls granulated sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbls flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces, toss in 2 Tbls olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a sheet tray in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil, sugar, vinegar and mustard. Toss the potatoes in the dressing, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with chopped parsley (optional), serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Yummy! It’s definitely different from traditional but it was fun to mix it up! I really love the bold flavors this potato salad brought. What’s your favorite way to make this dish??
If you are looking for more salad recipes check out these yummy posts below: