It’s finally July, woo hoo! I have been so excited for July to come so we could start our new weekly series! Frozen desserts, yay! Make sure to stop by Parrish’s blog for her frozen yumminess! I love love love strawberries… and cream cheese… and oreos… so let’s just smush that all together, shall we? That’s what’s in these amazing chocolate covered strawberry icebox bars! So easy too, no baking required… perfect for summer!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Icebox Bars
Ahh it’s so cold and refreshing, I love the fresh strawberry taste!
I got the inspiration for these icebox bars from Tastes of Lizzy T’s Pink Lemonade Icebox Pie Squares.
- 22 oreos, crushed
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz pureed strawberries (about 8-10 strawberries, pureed in a blender)
- 8 oz whipped topping
- Line a 8x8 pan with parchment or wax paper. Crush oreos and mix with butter, I used my hands to mix and then press into the bottom of the pan.
- With a hand mixer, cream the cream cheese for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in the sweetened condensed milk and strawberry puree. Mix until smooth and combined. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Pour on top of the crushed cookies and place in freezer until set about 5-6 hours. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Yummy, you will love the taste of a chocolate covered strawberry in this frozen dessert! Icebox pies are the best dessert for summer, in my opinion!
It is a little hard when it first comes out the freezer so let it set out for about 5 minutes and it’s ready to eat! Also, icebox pies or bars are perfect for parties, you can make it in advance… up to a month even!
What is your favorite frozen dessert? Do you have any requests I can make for you for this series!? I’m all ears, leave a frozen dessert you would like to see from me in the comments and I just might make it for you!
Don’t forget to check out Parrish’s weekly series recipe for Golden Oreo Banana Pudding Pops!
Last month’s series was all about 4th of July Desserts, check out those recipes below: