Birthday Cake Truffles

I have this super fun ridiculously easy recipe to share today! Like, seriously, I can’t believe I haven’t thought of these sooner. Birthday cake truffles, twinkies that have been made into crumbs and formed into cake balls with a vanilla candy shell and colorful sprinkles… so good. So easy. You’re welcome. Birthday cake truffles… who knew?!

Birthday Cake Truffles

The best part about these babies besides being easy… have I said that enough yet?! Is just how stinkin’ cute they are!

I’m in love, can’t you just imagine these on a huge platter at your next Birthday party?! And, they look pretty impressive too right, like you were slaving over them for hours? WRONG… but you knew that already (EASY, right?! *eye roll*).

Birthday Cake Truffles

This recipe makes 16 truffles.
Ingredients
  • 1 box (10 each) Twinkies
  • Vanilla candy coating (like candiquick)
  • Sprinkles
Instructions
  1. Place 5 twinkies at a time in a food processor and pulse until they turn into crumbs.
  2. Using a tablespoon or a tablespoon scooper, scoop the crumbs and roll into balls. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
  3. Melt the vanilla candy to the instructions on the bag, one at a time coat the twinkie cake balls in the candy. Gently take them out using a fork and tap off the excess.
  4. Place on a silicone mat or parchment paper, gently sliding them off the fork with a skewer. Immediately garnish with sprinkles so they stick to the candy before it hardens.
  5. Serve and enjoy!

Step by Step Directions

Serve and enjoy!

See! I know you do make these!

Birthday Cake Truffles, so easy, no bake, made with twinkies and topped with colorful sprinkles!They were just so pretty I had to take a bunch of pictures!

Birthday Cake Truffles, so easy, no bake, made with twinkies and topped with colorful sprinkles!I know, I’m a little obsessed, sorry! So, what do you think, will you be able to master these?! What is your favorite kind of truffle?

For more easy desserts, check out these other recipes:

dfinalFrozen Dirt Cake Bars

kfinal

Individual Frozen Key Lime Pies

yfinal

Mini Mint Smores

**This post may contain affiliate links to products I use or are similar to items mentioned in this post. If you purchase a product from a link used, This Silly Girl's Kitchen will receive a small commission. Thank you for helping to support this website and keep the recipes and information provided free to you!**

For more yummy inspiration make sure to follow my food board on Pinterest!

Adrian says:
    July 25, 2014

I love how easy these are and pretty too:)

Amanda says:
    July 25, 2014

These are so pretty!

Michal says:
    July 27, 2014

Yummy, that looks really awesome

Ange says:
    July 28, 2014

My daughter just sent my your blog from Pinterest. I love key lime pie and you made this recipe look so easy. Your pictures are amazing.

July 29, 2014

Your treats always look so yummy! Thanks for sharing on the Monday Funday Party!

Cathy Mini says:
    July 30, 2014

These truffles are SO pretty & colorful! I can already tell that they would taste good from looking at your photos, but kudos for actually getting them to look really photogenic (whenever I attempt them, they look so ugly haha)! You are a Pro!

Thanks for linking up at the Bewitchin Projects party this week! I can’t wait to see what you link up again next week over at OurMiniFamily.com!

Cheers,
    ~Cathy Mini~
    OurMiniFamily.com

July 31, 2014

Hi again!

I am featuring this post on Sunday over at OurMiniFamily.com at the next Bewitchin Projects party! Be sure to stop by and grab a featured button!

XO,
    ~Cathy Mini~
    OurMiniFamily.com

Shaina says:
    July 31, 2014

Sprinkles really makes everything so much better. Love these truffles! Stopping by from the Cook It Craft It Share It party! 🙂

Cynthia says:
    August 1, 2014

These truffles look so fantastic, they’d be worth a lot of work. But the fact that they are so simple makes them even better! Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

Cher says:
    August 1, 2014

Pinned – now to find Twinkies!

August 2, 2014

These sound SO good! We love us a good Twinkie! I can’t wait to make them! Thanks for sharing on Sunday FUNday!

Karly says:
    August 3, 2014

I will take 12 with extra sprinkles! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!

13. Love this…Featuring you tomorrow at Work It Wednesday! Wonderful job! Hope to see your next recipe tomorrow;-)Xo

August 5, 2014

Congrats!!! These totally stinkin’ Cuties are being featured as a Nibbles By Nic FAVORITE at Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays…I’d say using twinkies is pretty darn creative!!! Thanks for stopping bu with your nibbles and love you to also join Munching Mondays! Warmest, Nic

Sarah says:
    March 5, 2015

These look fabulous. Any chance you’ve made them ahead and frozen them? If so, did they keep?

March 5, 2015

I never have, I’m sorry!! If you try it, I’d love to know!

Nancy says:
    August 19, 2016

My head is spinning with possibilities! How about red, white, and blue for the 4th, green and red for Christmas, etc. Use candy pearls for bridal events. Color the frosting black and use orange and yellow sprinkles for Halloween. The possibilities are endless! Thanks for the idea!