I have this super fun ridiculously easy recipe to share today! Like, seriously, I can’t believe I haven’t thought of these sooner. Birthday cake truffles, twinkies that have been made into crumbs and formed into cake balls with a vanilla candy shell and colorful sprinkles… so good. So easy. You’re welcome. Birthday cake truffles… who knew?!
Birthday Cake Truffles
The best part about these babies besides being easy… have I said that enough yet?! Is just how stinkin’ cute they are!
I’m in love, can’t you just imagine these on a huge platter at your next Birthday party?! And, they look pretty impressive too right, like you were slaving over them for hours? WRONG… but you knew that already (EASY, right?! *eye roll*).
- 1 box (10 each) Twinkies
- Vanilla candy coating (like candiquick)
- Place 5 twinkies at a time in a food processor and pulse until they turn into crumbs.
- Using a tablespoon or a tablespoon scooper, scoop the crumbs and roll into balls. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt the vanilla candy to the instructions on the bag, one at a time coat the twinkie cake balls in the candy. Gently take them out using a fork and tap off the excess.
- Place on a silicone mat or parchment paper, gently sliding them off the fork with a skewer. Immediately garnish with sprinkles so they stick to the candy before it hardens.
- Serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
See! I know you do make these!
For more easy desserts, check out these other recipes: