This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RollIntoSavings #CollectiveBias
Okay guys, don’t be mad at me… promise? I have been holding out the BEST chicken recipe for quite some time now. I literally make this once a week and just have not gotten around to blogging it yet. It is so perfect… moist, flavorful, tender. UGH! To make up for holding out on you for so long, I’m including two more ah-mazing recipes in this post! That’s right, today I am sharing THREE recipes, a whole meal for the family and it was under $20. Seriously. All this… under 20 bucks. Get that grocery list out because you will want to make this meal TONIGHT and keep it on your simple dinners rotation for each week!
Baked Parmesan Chicken: Budget Friendly Meals
Just look at all that goodness. Baked parmesan chicken, pan seared Brussels sprouts with bacon in a light vinaigrette and twice baked potatoes. So yum! Looks pretty impressive right?! It is super easy and inexpensive. Let’s face it, I think we all get a little tight financially around the 1st and 15th of the month. So, during those tougher times, we still want to put great meals together for our families. With the help of Walmart rollback, it’s easy to keep producing tasty dishes and no one will know they are budget friendly meals!
While I was at Walmart this past weekend, I was gathering up my ingredients for dinners for the week and like I stated earlier, wanted to make this parmesan chicken we have been obsessing over lately. Plus, these sides are always a hit and I make them weekly as well, KRAFT products were on rollback so I gathered them up because I like to use high quality ingredients in my meals without sacrificing my tight budget.
I picked up KRAFT Mayo for the chicken, KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing for the Brussels sprouts along with both KRAFT Sour Cream and KRAFT Shredded Cheese for the twice baked potatoes. They are easy to find, the mayo and dressing are right next to each other in the condiments aisle and the sour cream and cheese are both in the refrigerated sections, you can’t miss them!
I stocked up on these items and used them throughout the week with my other budget friendly meals and saved this baked chicken parmesan for a more special night, since it is our favorite. Jeremy had been having a tough week at work with lots of overtime so last night when he finally was able to come home at a decent time, I had our favorite chicken dish ready to welcome him home! Here’s how I made it.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, I prefer chicken tenders
- ½ Cup KRAFT Mayo
- ½ Cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, fresh grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp plain panko breadcrumbs per piece of chicken
- 18 oz frozen Brussels sprouts
- 6 slices bacon, small dice
- 1 Tbls butter, unsalted
- ⅛ Cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- pepper to taste
- 4 red potatoes, medium sized
- 2 Tbls butter, unsalted
- ⅛ Cup KRAFT Shredded Cheese Cheddar, plus more for topping
- Garnishes of KRAFT Sour Cream, bacon and scallions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken pieces on baking sheet. Mix together the remaining ingredients except for the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Spoon mixture evenly over the chicken so it's covered. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the panko breadcrumbs over each piece. Place in oven until the outside is golden brown and bubbly and the internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees. Enjoy.
- Let Brussels sprouts thaw at least half way, slice each Brussels sprout in half and set aside. Place diced bacon in a medium sized skillet over medium low heat and cook until crispy, reserving the dripping. Set cooked bacon aside.
- Keeping 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan, turn up the heat to medium and cook the Brussels sprouts until nicely seared. Don't move them around too much but occasionally stir to make sure they aren't burning.
- Finish the Brussels sprouts with the butter, toss to combine, take off the heat and add the KRAFT Italian dressing and let it coat the Brussels sprouts, serve with the reserved bacon as garnish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash potatoes, scrubbing the outside. Pierce the skin with a fork a couple times on each potato. Place directly on the oven rack and bake until cooked through about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Let potatoes cool on the counter while you finish the rest of your meal. Slice potatoes in half, and carefully scoop out the inside of the potato, leaving just a small amount of potato on the skin. Place the potato in a bowl and add the butter and salt and pepper to taste. Mix together with the ⅛ Cup KRAFT cheddar cheese, breaking up the potato in the process. Spoon mixture back into skins and top with more cheese. Place in oven in an oven safe dish and let cheese on top melt and potatoes heat through.
- Garnish with KRAFT sour cream, scallions and bacon. Enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
No step by step needed for the potatoes, they’re that easy! This is one of those meals where everything just tastes so good, you don;t know what to eat first… kind of like Thanksgiving!
So what do you think? Is this a budget friendly meal your family will enjoy?!
Connect with KRAFT: