What is better than an ice cold refreshing drink on a warm summer night?? I just love having a little somethin’ somethin’ on the weekends or after a particular grueling day of blogging. Mojitos are a go to drink for me, they are light and refreshing with the lime and mint. But, you know me I always have to mix it up a bit! I made a super easy triple berry simple syrup to use in place of plain simple syrup for these triple berry mojitos! Get those glasses chilled my friends, you’re in for a keeper!
Triple Berry Mojitos
They are a very easy drink that seems complicated but they aren’t and will definitely impress your guests!
- ⅓ Cup strawberries, rough chop
- ⅓ Cup blueberries
- ⅓ Cup raspberries
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup water
- 2 tsp lime juice, fresh squeezed about ½ a lime
- 5 mint leaves
- ½ Cup lemon lime soda
- 3 Tbls white rum
- 3 Tbls triple berry simple syrup
- berries for garnish
- Place all ingredients in sauce pot over medium heat. Stir to combine and let simmer for 5 minutes, until berries soften.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain out the berries, gently crushing them to release the juices. Store in a air tight container until ready to use.
- Squeeze lime juice into bottom of glass and place in the lime. Place mint leaves in bottom of glass, and using the back of a wooden spoon, gently crush the mint and lime/juice together. Add ice to glass and add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine thoroughly, garnish with berries. Enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
What I think is great about this recipe is how versatile it is. The possibilities of different flavored simple syrups are endless. Also, make it kid friendly easily by leaving out the rum!
Oh yes, summer at it’s best all in a glass for you to enjoy! They go down easily too, but I really love to savor the berry flavor. I hope you enjoyed this amazing recipe! What is your favorite mojito flavor??
Check out more drink recipes below: