We are still on a slight health kick around here, eating health-ier during the week and splurging a little more on the weekends. So, I had to come up with some dishes I could have for lunch instead of left overs or just going hungry (not smart…). I have been experimenting with salads and that’s how I this wedge salad was created. I have never seen a wedge salad quite like this but it is one of my new favorites! Using my favorite lettuce, romaine and topping it with crisp bacon, tomatoes, pickled onions, garlicky croutons and the BEST “homemade” ranch dressing… it is sure to be a new hit in your home!
Ranch BLT Wedge Salad
The “homemade” ranch dressing is the same I use on my Double Ranch Stuffed Burgers, I can’t get enough of this stuff! I use store bought ranch dip packets and mix it with mayo and sour cream…. heavenly.
- ½ Cup mayo
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 Tbls dried ranch packet (dip version)
- 1 head romaine, cut in half
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped and cooked crispy
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- pickled onions, as desired
- garlic & butter croutons, as desired
- A couple hours before assembling the salad, mix the dressing so it has time for the flavors to blend. Do so by placing the mayo, sour cream and dried ranch seasoning in a bowl and mix ot combine. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in fridge.
- Cook the bacon on a skillet over medium low heat until crisp, drain off excess fat.
- Cut romaine in half and place on plate. Sprinkle tomatoes, bacon and onions over lettuce. Top with ranch dressing as desired and croutons.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yummy, yummy! Is this the healthiest salad? No. But it sure is delicious and anything to get me to eat more salad I’m going for it.
What is best about this salad to me is the dressing. A little bit goes a long way since it is on the thicker side. So, you really don’t have to use as much as you think. The addition of bacon makes it a very satisfying salad as well. I absolutely love the traditional wedge salad, don’t get me started on that drippy blue cheese dressing, ooooh yes. I think this is a fantastic twist on a classic!
So, what do you think? Will this salad be on your menu soon??
If you are looking for more salad and salad dressing recipes, check out these posts below: