I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites
Can you believe Memorial Day is next week?! It’s just crazy to me that it is almost officially summer and you know what? I am SO not bikini ready, but how can you expect me to be when you force me to make all these delicious treats for you all the time?! LOL, you know I’m just kidding but I just can’t help myself! When I saw these oh-so-tempting TWIX® Bites I just had to snatch up a bag (okay, two but who’s counting?) and make something with them! I was racking my brain what would be a fun Memorial Day treat I could make and I thought, what is more American then fun, hand held whoopie pies?! Nada, so I made up these cuties… you’re welcome.
TWIX® Whoopie Pies
I was in Walmart like I am every week and then I spotted them…
Oh yeah… chewy, chocolatey, crunchy, caramely goodness…. I just couldn’t resist. In to the cart they went! I gathered up my other supplies and then it was time to get my bake on!
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ Cup vegetable shortening
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Cup hot water
- ½ Cup milk
- 1 (7.5 oz) container marshmallow fluff
- 1¼ Cups vegetable shortening
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbls vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 Cups TWIX® Bites, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl, mix to combine and set aside. Cream together the ½ Cup shortening with the granulated sugar with a hand mixer (or stand mixer) on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add in the eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and beat for an additional minute until combined. On low speed, mix in ⅓ the flour mixture and combine thoroughly. Add in the milk and combine. Add in another ⅓ of the flour, mix to combine. Add in the hot water, mix to combine. Finally, add in the remaining flour and thoroughly mix. Use a spatula to scrap down the sides of the bowl between additions.
- Place tablespoon sized dollops on to parchment or silicone lined baking sheets. Bake for 5-6 minutes until cookies look set. Place baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes to cool. Place cookies directly on wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the filling. Cream together the marshmallow and shortening for 3 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla, beat on medium high speed for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- To assemble the pies, using a butter knife or utensil of your choice, put about 2-3 tablespoons on the filling on one cookie half. Top with another cookie then roll the outside filling in the TWIX® Bites crumbs. You can alternatively also gently press the cookies into the filling, this helps them stick a little better.
- Serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Sorry, yeah…. I went a little nuts with the pictures. But, just wow! These are sooo yummy and would be amazing for that Memorial Day picnic or cook out!
Aren’t they just so cute?! I highly recommend mixing up American classics with fun candy additions, these TWIX® Bites really made these whoppie pies stand out!
There are lots of different Bites flavors as well, so it’s super easy to customize your favorite dessert! What recipe will you try first with these fun bite-sized candies?!
There is an amazing coupon out now for $1.00 off when you buy two 2.83 oz. or larger bags OR $3.00 off when you buy two 6 oz. or larger bags. Get it here on Social Twist!
P.S. Just so you guys know I’m human too, I had an epic fail with my first batch:
Note to self: ALWAYS read reviews FIRST before making recipes. Lesson learned!