Mint & Plum Infused Iced Tea for the Perfect Southern Picnic

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #TEArifficPairs #CollectiveBias

My childhood was a mixture of Southern and Northern influence. I was born in the Chicago area and lived there until I was 9. Then, we packed up and moved down to North Carolina to be closer to my Dad’s side of the family. My Mom’s side still lives near Chicago and we visit them at least once a year (we are visiting next week actually, Go Cubbies! Go Hawk-ies? LOL). Before we moved down to NC we used to visit a lot and I loved being able to see my aunts and uncles, cousins but especially my Grandma. She is Southern to the core (even though she lived in Chicago too for a large portion of her life) and always made my favorite foods. The one things she ALWAYS served with a meal was, you guessed it: sweet iced tea! I made my own version of it today, infused with mint and fresh plums to go along with our fun summer picnic!

Mint & Plum Infused Iced Tea

Mint & Plum Infused Iced Tea, sweet tea infused with the flavors of fresh mint and sliced plums, perfect for a summer picnic! #TEArifficPairs #shop

• Pages:
  • 1
  • 2

May 31, 2014

That looks so delicious and very refreshing too. I love the way you presented it in mason jars. Thanks for the idea.

If you have a minute to spare I’d be thrilled if you could share your post at my weekly Say G’day Saturday party. It’s on now and this would be a fabulous addition.

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

Trish says:
    June 1, 2014

Looks amazing! Beautiful presentation. Can’t wait to try this combo ~ thanks for sharing on Nifty Thrify Sunday.

June 1, 2014

This is screaming my name right now – Pinned and Tweeted! Oh and I’m your newest follower on Pinterest (MomtoElise) and Twitter (@RufflesandRain). I found your little gem of a drink through Huckleberry Love’s link party today.

Sharon says:
    June 2, 2014

I’ve never tried mint and plum infused tea but this looks so delicious! And I never thought to use the mason jars for a picnic but they would be perfect! Looks like you guys had a beautiful day for a picnic! #client

Megin says:
    June 5, 2014

Thank you for sharing your post this week at Brag About It Link Party on VMG206. I’m featuring you at Next Weeks Brag About It Link Party, Monday at midnight!
    ~ Megin of VMG206

Linda Warren says:
    June 6, 2014

I love flavored iced teas but have never tried making one with plums. Sounds awesome! And the mason jar idea is brilliant! Thanks for sharing on Weekend Pot Luck.

June 7, 2014

Hi Dana – This looks delicious! As a Southern gal, I LOVE my iced tea. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let’s Get Real party.

June 11, 2014

This sounds wonderful. I love new drink ideas and I picked this as my host favorite for Foodie Friends Friday,

Teresa says:
    May 10, 2015

If you don’t mind my asking, or the lateness of this comment, how did you keep the fried chicken crispy? Can’t wait to try making this iced tea!!

May 10, 2015

It was store bought fried chicken. I suggest eating it room temperature or cold for a picnic. Thanks for asking!