HI everyone! It’s Melanie from Melanie Makes, with my first contributor post! If there’s one thing I like better than dessert, it’s a dessert that’s made in a single pan. No extra dishes to wash, no excess mess.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Skillet Cookie
It definitely makes for a sweeter treat! This Cherry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Skillet Cookie definitely fits the bill.
Not only is the end result delicious, but this cookie goes from stove top to oven without the use of a mixing bowl. Can your cookies do that?
An oatmeal cookie base is studded with sweet dried cherries and chocolate chips. When baked until just set, you end up with a gooey, melty, amazing slice of goodness. A deep dish cookie slice? Where do I sign up?
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon alt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 10″ iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir eggs into butter and sugar mixture. Stir in flour, oats baking soda, and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until beginning to brown, but still soft in the center.
- Served topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Warm from the oven and topped with a scoop of ice cream, this is one dessert you’ll find yourself making over and over again.
Looking for additional new recipes to try?
Here are a few of my recent favorites: