Hi lovelies! Today’s Spring Desserts post is a touch more Summery than Spring, but hey s’mores are good year round, amiright?! This cake is layered in chocolate marshmallowy goodness! Yellow cake topped with melted chocolate, ground up graham crackers and toasted marshmallows. Get ready for it!
S’mores Poke Cake
I made this beauty for Easter and it sure hit the spot! Like I’ve mentioned in the past, I used a box cake mix for this recipe. I just personally love how they taste but feel free to use your own cake recipe and then add the toppings!
- 1 yellow box cake mix, plus ingredients for cake
- 2 Cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
- 1 sleeve honey graham crackers, crushed into large crumbs
- ½ bag of large marshmallows
- Make cake to directions on package in a 13×9 inch pan. Let cool on wired rack.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon or other utensil, poke holes in the cake all over.
- Melt chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Pour over cake concentrating on the holes. Spread evenly on top of cake with spatula.
- Place graham cracker crumbs on top of cake evenly.
- Cut marshmallows in half and lay on top of marshmallows.
- Place into oven under the broiler and watch closely until marshmallows are browned to your liking. Serve immediately while still warm, enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
If you let the cake sit too long after browning the marshmallows, you will get a big sticky layer of marshmallows. So, just a warning I would eat it while still warm and gooey!
YUMMY, I hope you liked this one! I don’t think there is much better than a good ole s’mores!
Don’t forget to head on over to Parrish’s blog for her recipe for Lemon Brownies!!
Past Spring Dessert series recipes:
Looking for more yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!