I’m so pumped up about the weather finally getting warmer that I have started busting out my Summer time recipes already! LOL. This past week I have made bbq ribs, a huge shrimp cocktail, cherry limeade cocktails and a ton of salads dripping with my spicy garlic salad dressing! Ahh, I’m loving this and was itching to make a killer potato salad. So, my friends this is the recipe I came up with! It is cool and creamy, with hints of dill, paprika and topped with fresh green onions, yummy!
Paprika Sour Cream Red Potato Salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 Tbls kosher salt
- 1½ Cup sour cream
- 2 tsp garlic, minced fine
- 1 Tbls dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh dill, chopped fine
- 1 Tbls red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions sliced for garnish
- Wash potatoes and put in a large stock pot. Cover with cold water and put in the kosher salt. Give it a stir and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook until potatoes are cooked through. This will vary on the size of the potatoes, start checking them every 30 minutes. They are done when a fork or skewer inserted in the middle goes through with no resistance.
- Drain potatoes and let cool on the counter until they are easily handled by hand. Cut into medium chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Spoon over potatoes and gently fold in the sauce until everything is coated. Check for seasoning, this will need more salt then you would think!
- Place in a bowl covered with plastic wrap or an air tight container and place in the fridge. Let this get nice a cold before serving.
- Slice green onions and garnish potato salad, serve and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Ahhh, doesn’t that just look like Summer??
What is really great about this recipe is it’s like a blank canvas for you to add any additional items you like! This would be great with some pickles minced in there, or onions and celery… olives, roasted red peppers…. pickled red onions, hard boiled eggs, really get crazy with it!
I love to use red potatoes in lots of things especially mashed potatoes and potato salad. It’s just so much easier being able to eat the tender skin and not peeling potato after potato working up a sweat. That’s the last thing I want here in Florida in the middle of Summer let me tell ya!
So, what do you think? What’s in your favorite potato salad??
Looking for even more yummy inspiration? Follow my Food board on Pinterest!