Welcome back to the last Spring Desserts series recipe! I have really enjoyed making these yummy, springy desserts! I hope you have too and I can’t wait to share this last beauty with you! Anything lemon to me just scream spring and summer, so I really wanted to use them in our spring desserts series! I finally got around to making these simple sugar cookies coated in a thick lemon cream cheese glaze. They are SO good and have that great sweet/tart combo that I love in my lemonade!
Lemon Cream Glazed Chewy Sugar Cookies
Aren’t they pretty?? Eeek, I just love cookies like these! I used my go to sugar cookie recipe that you can find here.
- 2¾ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ Cups sugar, granulated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbls milk
- 5 Tbls lemon juice, fresh
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for decoration if desired
- Cream together the butter and granulated sugar. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Beat in the egg and 1 tsp vanilla to the butter mixture and add in the dry ingredients a little at a time until fully incorporated. Add in enough of the milk to make the mixture moist but not wet.
- Place cookie dough in the fridge for at least one hour until ready to make the cookies.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take 1 Tbls full of the cookie dough batter and roll into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Gently press down the dough balls so they are flat on the top. Bake 8-10 minutes or just until the edges start to turn a light golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and place entire sheet tray on wire rack for 5 minutes. Take cookies off the sheet tray and on to the wired rack to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, make the glaze by beating the cream cheese with the powdered sugar. Add in the vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Mix to combine.
- Spread a teaspoon amount of the glaze on top of each cookie. Let sit out until glaze hardens, it may still be a bit tacky. Add on your sprinkles, serve and enjoy!
- This glaze will be a little tacky so if you want to store them, either don't stack them or place wax paper between the layers.
Step by Step Directions
Yummy, I hope you makes these soon! I couldn’t want to get this idea out of my head and in my belly!
What’s your favorite lemon dessert??
Make sure to check out Parrish’s amazing Banana Split Cake!
Past Spring Desserts recipes, just click on the links below the image!
Want even more yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!