Key Lime Pie

Hi there! Aren’t you glad the month of April is our Spring Desserts series?? I love making desserts for you! It’s something I have really come to love. When I first started blogging, I HATED with a passion to bake. I think for the most part it was because I never really did much of it and it can get tedious and time consuming and I just didn’t have time for that! But, becoming a food blogger I have stepped out of my shell a lot more and found I actually really enjoy it. And I think you do too! Without further ado, here is this week’s series!

Key Lime Pie

Key Lime Pie, filling is super smooth and tart but just sweet enough to cut the key lime. So good!

Do you know who else loves that I have gotten better with baking? Jeremy of course! My official taste tester!

Even though we have been on a “diet” we have still allowed the weekends as cheat days. Now, I know a cheat day is suppose to be only one day but with our new lifestyle we aren’t so much focused on losing a ton of weight super fast, so we get to live it up for two whole days, woot! So, naturally I get to make a dessert! His two favorite desserts of  ALL TIME are first of all, a classic cheesecake with cherry sauce. And, the second being key lime pie.

I have made cheesecakes numerous times (you just might see a new variation soon, hehe!) but never a classic key lime pie so I knew with this Spring Desserts series I had to give it a go! I got the recipe for the filling from HERE.

Key Lime Pie

Ingredients
  • 1 sleeve honey graham crackers
  • ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
  • 4 egg yolks
  • 1 egg white
  • ½ Cup key lime juice
  • 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
Instructions
  1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Pulverize graham crackers in a food processor, drizzle in butter. Press into pie pan and bake for 5 minutes. Take out of oven and let cool on counter.
  3. Make the filling while the crust is cooling. Separate eggs, saving one egg white in a separate bowl. Whisk the egg yolks and add in the condensed milk and key lime juice.
  4. Using a whisk or hand mixer, whisk the egg white to stiff peaks.
  5. Fold in the lime mixture with the egg white until fully incorporated. Pour into pie crust.
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pie is slightly jiggly when you take it out of the oven. Place in the fridge and let set up for a minimum of 6 hours. Top with whipped cream or whipped topping.
  7. Serve and enjoy!

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Pulverize graham crackers in a food processor, drizzle in butter.

Using a whisk or hand mixer, whisk the egg white to stiff peaks.

Fold in the lime mixture with the egg white until fully incorporated.

Pour into pie crust.

Serve and enjoy!

So, what was the verdict you ask? Jeremy really really loved the taste of this pie, and so did I! The filling is super smooth and tart but just sweet enough to cut the key lime. What do you think? What is your go to dessert?!

Dana's-SignatureYou have to check out Parrish’s recipe for Lemon Curd Blossoms from this week’s series! Click on the image below!

Lemon_Curd_Blossoms

Last week’s series recipes, just click on the links below the images!

Tropical Sunshine Trifle | Bird Nests

Need even more yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!

I participate in these linky parties and Orj Junkie.

Maria says:
    April 8, 2014

Beautiful pie! Baked to perfection!

April 8, 2014

This looks so amazing, and I didn’t know how few ingredients are in Key Lime Pie! I might have to try this!

danielle says:
    April 9, 2014

This is one of my favorite desserts – your recipe looks fantastic. I saw this on whatever goes wednesday and had to stop by.

April 9, 2014

Dana, I totally had similar thoughts about baking–it just seemed so finicky! But now I’m a convert and I’m glad you are too because this pie looks gorgeous 🙂

5. I love Key Lime Pie…unfortunately the price of limes has skyrocketed!! But this looks so yummy…thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog hop!

April 10, 2014

I know! I was in shock when shopping for the ingredients, hopefully that will not be the case much longer!

April 10, 2014

Yummy! Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite desserts, yet somehow I have never tried making it on my own. Thanks for the easy recipe!

Ginger says:
    April 10, 2014

Ooh, key lime is one of my all-time favorites. I don’t have it too often and I’ve never tried making my own, but I might now. 🙂 Don’t forget to link up at Gingerly Made. Miss seeing you there!

Catherine says:
    April 11, 2014

Dear Dana, I too love cheesecake and key lime pie. What a delicious way to welcome Spring! This sounds like a light and refreshing after dinner delight. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, Catherine

April 13, 2014

This pie! Those tarts! Mmmm, I’m in pastry heaven. I will be making both of these when my family descends upon me for Easter. I’m not much of a baker but you’ve inspired me, Dana. Thanks so much!

Amberjane says:
    April 13, 2014

I love Key Lime pie – must try this recipe it looks fab 🙂 Thank you for sharing.

Laurie says:
    April 14, 2014

Your Tip Me Tuesday link is incredible this week! In fact, my readers would love to bookmark it in their craft rooms. Did you know that if you upload this blog post into your Tip Junkie craft room using at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL then Tip Junkie readers can favorite it which instantly bookmarks it so they can find it later? {Whoohoo!} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}

Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says:
    April 16, 2014

Key Lime is one of my favorite pies! Thanks so much for bringing it to Freedom Fridays! 🙂

April 16, 2014

My husband would love it if I made a key lime pie for him! Thanks so much for the recipe!

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity on at our Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Hope to see more of your projects again on Saturday morning!

~ Ashley

April 19, 2014

What a delicious looking pie! I will definitely be making it this summer. Pinned! Thanks for linking up with us at Much Ado About Monday. 🙂

15. Hi Dana Thanks for Linking at Show Me Your Plaid Monday’s! You are one of this weeks features!

Sheryl says:
    June 19, 2015

Key Lime Pie is one of my favorites but I noticed you do not cook the filling, is this recipe safe for the elderly and children?
    Thanks so much!

June 19, 2015

Yes it is safe, unless they have allergy issues with any of the ingredients. There is nothing raw in the mix. Thanks for asking!