Hello there!!! Oh man, I am sooooo excited to share today’s recipe with you! They have everything I love…. oreos, strawberries, chesecake all in a little hand held bar! Ugh, yum!!! I know you are going to love these too, they are sooo perfect for Spring and Summer, I will be making this many many more times to come! (I’m a little excited about them, yes?? LOL!)
Golden Oreo Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
YES! I just wanna jump in the screen to have another bite, hehehe!
They are relatively easy too, so score! It’s a touch time consuming because everything is made from scratch, but to me that’s half the fun! Unless you count cleaning up which is the one thing I hate most! Oh well! I got the recipe for the cheesecake filling from HERE.
- 3 Tbls unsalted butter, melted
- 24 golden oreos, divided
- 1¼ Cup strawberries, medium dice
- 1 Tbls sugar
- 1 Tbls water
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ Cup sour cream
- ⅓ Cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place half the golden oreos in a food processor. Pulse until it forms crumbs, add in the melted butter and pulse again until crumbs are covered in butter.
- Press crumbs into a 8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper (or foil if your out of parchment paper!). Bake in oven for 5 minutes, take out and let cool on counter.
- Place strawberries in pot with 1 Tbls sugar and 1 Tbls water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until soft. You should stir this every few minutes.
- Combine lemon juice with cornstarch and stir into mixture and simmer an additional minute until thickened. Place strawberry mixture in food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar, vanilla and egg in food processor.
- Pulse until smooth and combined. Place on top of oreo crust.
- Pour half of the strawberry sauce on top of cheesecake. Use remaining sauce however you wish, I like adding it to lemonade, yum! Bake at 325 degrees for 36 minutes or until cheesecake is just slightly jiggly.
- Take out of oven and let cool on a wire rack. Crush remaining oreos and sprinkle on top, gently pushing into the bars.
- Place in a fridge covered and let set for at least 3 hours until cutting into squares.
- Take out of pan and cut into squares. Serve and enjoy!!
Step by Step Directions
Ugh, aren’t these just gorgeous?!
Oh yea, Jeremy tore these up to. You know how he is a cheesecake freak and he said these were like eating the real thing, score! I really love the addition of the oreos, it might be my favorite part!
Looking fore more cheesecake recipes? Click on the links below the collage to be taken to the recipe!
Need even more yummy inspiration? Follow my food board on Pinterest!